Web Development Engineer2 months ago - Seattle - 2 views
Interested in AWS? If you're excited by cloud computing, significant customer impact, shaping developer experience, we want to talk to you! We are looking for a web development engineer to join the AWS CloudFormation User Experience team.
AWS CloudFormation provides an easy declarative way to create, deploy and manage applications and infrastructure in the AWS cloud. It simplifies provisioning and management on AWS. You can create templates for the service or application architectures you want and have AWS CloudFormation use those templates for quick and reliable provisioning of the services or applications (called “stacks”). You can also easily update or replicate the stacks as needed. Many of our customers use CloudFormation to control all of the resources in their AWS environments so that they can succinctly capture changes, perform version control, and manage costs in their infrastructure, among other activities.
As a Web Development Engineer you possess skill in UX design, front-end languages, libraries, frameworks. You understand and create solutions for diverse user requirements (e.g., accessibility, internationalization), and front-end security risks. You know how to instrument software with real user metrics (e.g., taps/clicks, feature interaction, performance, fatals) to provide data and protect the customer experience. You consider these and other dimensions of quality as part of the software architectures you design and the code you write. Use your knowledge of the UX space to improve design and engineering processes and to build, create, and deliver the right experience for customers, and make the AWS CloudFormation Console a daily destination for educating and inspiring developers worldwide.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving.
· 6+ months of experience as a full time software engineer.
· Experience with modern web technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS3, CSS frameworks and CSS pre-processors.
· Proficiency in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end libraries (React, Angular, Redux, , etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks.
· Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs.
· 2+ years professional experience in software development.
· Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work well in a team.
· Able to dive into the source code of front end libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Knowledge of engineering and operational excellence best practices.
· Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., webpack, lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
· Understands how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customer’s devices, etc.).
· Understands front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
· Knows how to instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience.