Web Development Engineer1 week ago - Portland - 2 views
Do you want to share your passion for technology? Are you looking for your next challenge? Join us in building and maintaining the learning systems that are reaching millions of AWS Customers, Partners, and Users as they learn how to maximize tools, services, and offerings in Amazon Web Services (AWS). We are constantly evolving our core capabilities including our Learning Management System (LMS), Learning Record Store (LRS), and Learning Content Management Store (LCMS), among others to enable our customers in their journey to gain technical expertise.
Your role as a Web Development Engineer will be to bring your expertise in web architecture and design, and your ability to dive deep into the most complex technical problems to the forefront as you help bring our learning tools to the next level of customer delight. You will support existing systems looking to enhance functionality, increase scale, and transform in new ways to meet our customer demands. You will also create new services and capabilities to meet emerging needs as our business grows. Your knowledge of web development and architecture will be key as we ensure we meet our challenges in the user experience at Amazon scale. You and your team will look to maximize the very technology stack they enable our customers to learn. You will work with some of the best and brightest as you grow into a Technical Leader in a group of junior through senior level developers.
We are looking for someone who can work well in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, and can bring flexibility, speed and quality to our team. You should be a talented and experienced frontend developer with expertise in web UI and AJAX-based interactive application development. You should have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development, and have a deep understanding of best practices in various languages/technologies. You should love creating things and take great personal pride in building cool interfaces for other developers to use.
· 3+ years of software development experience
· Experience with MVC frameworks (Spring MVC, Struts, Swing, JSP)
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS ore related field
· Experience with ReactJS
· Familiarity with OOA/OOD patterns and data structures
· Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
· Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
· Must be a self-starter and motivated
· Experience developing AJAX interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks (e.g. YUI, DOJO, JQuery, Prototype, etc.)
· Experience in a Unix/Linux environment
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role related field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation