Support Engineering Manager1 week ago - Mumbai - 3 views
Support Engineer Manager
Do you want to join an elite and distinguished team? Do you like complex challenges? Are you passionate about working directly with Microsoft customers and partners to help them accelerate their transformation towards a digital transformation organization? If so, the Support Engineer Manager position in the Microsoft Customer Service and Support Organization is a unique career opportunity for you! We are a diverse team who is proud to shape future technologies and deliver industry-leading services across the globe. As a member of that team, you will aspire to be our customers' and partners' trusted advisors to fuel some of the largest and most complex IT solutions in the world. You will constantly be exposed to cutting-edge software, services and devices.
Qualifications and Experience:
Overall 10 years of experience with minimum of 5 years of technical people management.
- People/Performance Management - Supervising and enhancing the performance of a team of Cloud Services Technical Advisors & Support Engineers in the areas of customer satisfaction, technical expertise, collaboration and timeliness of support delivery.
- Business/Operation/Reviews - Drive a culture of accountability within the MS FTE team maximizing team efficiency, and ensuring alignment with SDMs, Supplier Staff and other Stake Holders to meet and exceed business scorecard targets.
- Team Readiness & Development - Identify and implement solutions / capabilities that increases TA's/SE's effectiveness and ensure career development, succession and retention plans are in place for the team with a personal development plan for each individual tracked with regular connects / 1:1s
- Work Environment - Increase / maintain the health and collaboration of the workgroup and effectiveness as a People Manager
- Resource Management - Lead and drive Headcount Planning/Hiring/Financials/Scheduling/Availability/TA Travel etc. for Technical Advisors and Support Engineers
- Business & Stake Holder Connect - As a key partner of the business supported, connect regularly with SDM, Regional Stake Holders and Suppliers
- Daily Ops & Quality Assurance - Monitor daily operations of TAs and SEs and ensure they are complying with daily operational rigor
- LOB Scorecard Co-Ownership - Attain team/group/cluster/regional KPI Goals by working closely with Suppliers, SDMs and Technical Advisors by driving all the lead measures in the business and maintain business health.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Support Engineer Manager (SEM) specialize in product configuration. As an SEM, you will investigate and solve critical, complex, technical issues and employ problem isolation techniques and product knowledge to solve problems. You will use sophisticated tools and analysis requiring the highest skill level of conflict resolution and collaboration. You will be responsible for building robust relationships across the business engaging with high profile individuals in order to deliver a quality support experience enabling overall customer success. We are also passionate about knowledge sharing and prioritize continuous learning and feedback sessions to provide ongoing mentoring within the technical support community.
We seek out people who:
- Are thoughtful, analytical leaders
- Have a passion for technology and continuous learning
- Thrive in dynamic, high-stress environments
- Are eager to collaborate and build strong relationships
- Are able to see a problem from many angles
- Embrace multicultural environments