Software Development Manager - Advertising Visualization and Insights2 months ago - Seattle - 2 views
Advertising at Amazon is growing incredibly fast by providing efficient tools to drive sales for our vendors and sellers. These customers need tools that help them get the most from their advertising dollar in the least time. Your teams will drive three major programs, including workflow efficiency, campaign management as fabric on which other teams can build new ad products, and demand levers that help advertisers get efficient sales. If you enjoy working with high performance teams, being part of a rapidly growing business, and coaching people to deliver their best this may be the role for you.
Visualization and Insights is a unique program where we apply big data and ML technologies to help advertisers understand their performance and get more value from their ads. We are a full-stack team, independent and directly customer facing.
Great candidates with have experience with big data, data science/applied science, and optimization techniques. Experience with applied ML techniques is a plus. You'll love coaching and developing a talented team and helping them execute in the face of ambiguity.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
· 7+ years of experience delivering results on complex, technical products or services
· Experience managing managers of engineering teams and a desire to stay hands-on with the delivery of day-to-day excellence.
· Significant experience developing and launching software
· A deep understanding of the software development process, and a proven track record of shipping software quickly, then iterating on the experience
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the products, our business, and the technical landscape
· Master's degree in a computer science related field
· Online display advertising industry experience
· Experience with big data systems, data mining, data science, and applied science.
· Experience collaborating with UX and product teams to build experiences
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation