Software Development Engineer, Alexa Video3 days ago - Seattle - 1 view
Want to transform the way people enjoy video? Come join the team that made Fire TV, Amazon Video, Dish Live TV, Hulu, Showtime and more available to Alexa customers. We're building an exciting service developers can leverage the power of Alexa to ensure customers get to the content they care about, faster.
You'll have an once in a career opportunity to have independent technical ownership of the experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge services that will be used every day by people you know. We’re looking for someone passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, someone who demonstrates a high degree of product ownership, someone who loves to mentor and wants to have fun while making history. Is that person you? If so, let's chat!
Some facts about the role:
· This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical leaders and product managers across Amazon Alexa – with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
· You will design and deliver solutions to highly ambiguous challenges that help shape the future technology around how customers interact with smart devices
· You will recruit, hire, and develop the industry’s top engineering talent.
· This is a great position for someone who loves backend development, Amazon Web Services, and Service-Oriented Architecture.
· We’re looking for candidates that have acted as a technical leader and built high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Development experience defining, implementing and maintaining web service API's
· Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
· Passion to deliver high quality software that delight users
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.