Shop Internal Standards Advisor4 months ago - Sydney - 99 views
Shop Internal Standards Advisor
Req ID 95369BR Job category Retail Countries (State/Region) Victoria Location Australia - Victoria - Melbourne Apply now
The purpose of this role is to develop & maintain retail store standards, documents & specifications in accordance with the Standards Plan. This includes BP’s technical requirements for the design, construction, operation & maintenance of its retail stores. This is an exciting role to join our Asset Management team and drive efficiencies within our design and incident processes.
- Manage the integrity of BP’s store design standards by researching, investigating, documenting and seeking endorsement for good design principles, engineering and operating practices which prevent and control incidents.
- Manage the stakeholder engagement for review and change of the store designs including look and feel and operational.
- Document and maintain design requirements, templates and technical requirements for the construction of BP retail stores.
- Assess ramifications of changes and impact to food safety licence and disabled assess requirements and societal expectations on assets.
- Develop recommendations to manage retrospective HSE exposures which impact on business liability, litigation and reputation.
- Develop to the formal, systematic process to document, evaluate, approve and communicate changes to Standards and Practices that could impact safe, responsible and reliable operating activity.
- Develop, review and maintain secure and readily available the necessary and appropriate information, documents and records.
- Work collaboratively with project, operations and marketing teams to identify opportunities to improve our retail store offer.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Proven experience in interior design for Retail, Convenience or Food.
- Skilful knowledge of food safety and disabled access requirements.
- Deep experience working with technical and operating authorities, and various discipline subject matter experts in the Retail and Commercial areas of the business
- Proven influencing ability with project, operations and marketing teams.
- Sound project management expertise and an appreciation of the competitive landscape our business is in.
- Strong technical writing ability that aligns with our spectrum of delivery strategies across Sales and Marketing
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Minimal travel to sites.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
BP’s Fuels AsPac business operates in three distinctive retail fuels markets in Australia, New Zealand and China.
We’ve been proudly operating in Australia for almost 100 years. Here, we are the only fully integrated fuels business, with a team of 6,000 passionate people delivering quality fuels from the well to the petrol bowser. Along with our terminals, pipelines and 1,400 BP-branded retail fuel sites we are also founding participants in the North West Shelf and Browse joint ventures. We also operate Australia’s largest refinery in Kwinana.
Our 3,000 strong New Zealand team is driven to deliver a customer experience second to none. Today we operate more than 90 BP Connect retail sites and are renowned for our signature Wild Bean Cafes. We also have a national network of BP-branded independent retailers, distributor partners, truckstops, and a terminals and logistics operation.
Through strong partnerships with China’s top two state-owned oil companies, PetroChina and Sinopec, BP operates over 750 dual-branded retail stations in Guangdong and Zhejiang provinces, serving 400,000 customers and selling over 12 million litres of gasoline and diesel every day. And BP now also has a joint venture with Shandong Dongming Petroleum Company Ltd.
BP strives to be a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a great employer. We care deeply about our people, creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everybody can contribute and grow. The breadth of our business makes it the perfect place to build your career.