Senior Program Manager1 week ago - Mumbai - 3 views
At Microsoft Teams, our mission is to enable teams to achieve more together by creating a hub for teamwork. We're redefining how people collaborate at work by bringing together people, conversations, content and 2nd/3rd party apps. With over 20 million daily users, Teams is the fastest growing business application in Microsoft's history and a central piece in the Microsoft Office 365 suite of apps.
On the mobile team within Teams, we know that work is not limited to sitting at a desk with a computer. Our users are always on the go, getting work done from coffee shops, airports, the couch and while commuting. And for many, such as those in retail, healthcare, or service industries, their phone may be the only device that they have. That is why having a robust mobile experience is crucial, and we have the highest-rated mobile app in its class to support it.
Our team is looking for a program manager with a strong technical background to define, execute, and deliver on the evolution of the Teams Platform experience on mobile. The role will involve working closely with developers, customer PMs as well as other engineering groups within Microsoft. Microsoft. Candidates will not only be responsible for translating platform needs to mobile, but also blaze the trail with new mobile-only or mobile-first capabilities.
- 5+ years of program or product management experience; mobile experience is a plus
- Strong technical background; familiarity with specific platform technologies is a plus
- Deep customer and user empathy and ability to identify customer needs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and cross-group skills
- Strong problem solving with strategic, technical, and analytical thinking
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
• Make strategic and technology decisions to deliver on the roadmap and priorities for the mobile platform in Teams.
• Engage and collaborate with customer PMs, developers and partner teams in Office and other groups within the company.
• Identify business and customer needs to remove DSATs, boost mobile usage and delight customers in a mobile-first way
• Regularly present product plans and vision to the leadership team as well as internal and external partners