Senior Program Manager1 week ago - Beijing - 3 views
As computing power are growing exponentially and connected devices are becoming ubiquitous, we are entering into a new paradigm of how we interact with computers. Instead of having to use a mouse, keyboard and a screen, we will be able interact with devices and services with speech just as if we were talking with another human being. We are already seeing the beginning of this change where speechifying the apps, bots and services are becoming more and more popular.
At Microsoft, we are investing immensely in this area. We are looking for an experienced Program Manager who is highly motivated and passionate about the speech recognition or the text to speech technology and their applications. In this role, you will be responsible for driving speech technology, processes, apps to the next level by working closely with teams across Microsoft to ensure the speech maximizes its full capability and impact to the world.
• A BS/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of product management
• Experience in the AI related areas such as speech, vision or natural language processing etc.
• Experience working on delivering AI solution to partners
• Strong customer empathy, good at understanding customer requirements and can transfer such knowledge into the engineering language.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Strong business sense skill is a strong plus for this role
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
• Collaborating with 1st party teams in Microsoft or 3rd party partner teams to align the business goals and requirements that use the speech technology.
• Defining and specing speech features to address real user pains.
• Landing speech technology to address real customer needs and drive Azure consumption.
• Identifying gaps in the existing data collection, modelling and measurement and optimize the process from end to end.
• Partnering closely with the engineering teams to deliver the best speech quality models.