Senior Program Manager1 week ago - Washington - 1 view
Artificial Intelligence is a disruptive technology in the digital transformation of business. In Office, we are infusing AI and machine learning across the entire product suite to help our customers both at home and in the enterprise meet their goals more quickly and effectively. And all our applications and services will increase in their ability to anticipate user intention, automate basic actions, making Office more personalized than it is today. All these experiences become possible when we take a more platform-centric approach to Intelligence.
Over the last two years, Office has been powering scenarios through machine learning for a few years across areas like Search, Entity extraction, Designer, Assistive recommendations, and NL understanding to name a few. The scale and diversity of these scenarios requires large volumes of labeled training data (i.e., for supervised learning) to build AI models. Office data probably represents the world’s largest productivity dataset annotated with usage signals from hundreds of millions of users. Imagine taking an arbitrary dataset and training an ML model by harnessing the power of distributed compute in the cloud. Imagine taking hundreds of millions of App usage streams from telemetry and training a DNN model using GPUs in Azure. And imagine the power of a end user-facing scenario that deploys these models seamlessly in the cloud or in the client to power recommendations, collect user labels and kickstart the flywheel of feedback and refinement! And to top it all, AI recommendations are personalized and made contextually relevant to each user. If this excites you, come chat with us!
The Office Language and Intelligence team is bringing the best technological investments from across Microsoft's Cloud AI Platform team, and make it relevant to every Office developer and machine learning scientist enabling them to light-up cutting edge AI in the product. We are looking for strong technical and highly driven program managers who can work and thrive in ambiguity, and hit the ground running to put together these systems of scale. Machine learning knowledge and experience is a huge plus. We work with several teams across the company such as Cloud + AI Platform, Substrate, Windows, and MSR to deliver best in class AI infrastructure for the scale of Office. In this role you will be having a big impact quickly and will be able to have your work cut across a variety of scenarios powering Office client and web apps. You will be part of a rare team that combines cutting-edge industry advancements with engineering excellence in an effort to enable Office shine in the next frontier of AI.
- Demonstrated customer focused innovation
- Strong problem solving skills and cross-group collaboration skills
- Minimum 5 years of Program or Product Management experience
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal awareness to work collaboratively with a diverse set of people across groups and organizational levels
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Drive the charter of the team to ensure we land a holistic story in Office for the AI platform
- Understand research and industry trends and the AI landscape
- Advocate for Office developers and machine learning scientists to partners across the company
- Set and own the goals; define metrics and key performance indicators of success
- Driving execution, dependency management, and progress reporting
- Rapidly prototype and innovate on our existing tooling
- Build relationships with teams across the Cloud AI Platform and AI&R