Senior Program Manager (Product Management)1 week ago - Mumbai - 1 view
Do you relish using data driven insights to influence how a business functions? Does the thought of simplifying complex business processes using actionable insights bring out your creative side? Do you have the technical chops to dig deep into cloud, mobile and enterprise integration technologies and deliver mission critical enterprise Services? Are you passionate about creating delightful user experiences using cutting edge tech and processes? Do you occasionally enjoy munching through a plate of "impossible" for breakfast?!
The Core Services Engineering & Operations (CSEO) team builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Corporate Functions Engineering (CFE) Professional Services is a highly motivated team within CSEO focused on helping both our Enterprise Services stakeholders and our own team members achieve their full potential. To enable Microsoft to transform into a real-time enterprise, we Connect the Company, Delight our Customers, and Inspire the Industry.
As a Senior Product Owner for the Professional Services Engineering team, you will identify, document, prioritize, and communicate the work that our engineering teams need to deliver based on quantifiable value to Microsoft. Core job responsibilities include: 1) Driving strategic insight to industry best practices, trending and benchmarking, and market research; 2) Creation, communication, facilitation, and overall ownership of scenarios, features, and user stories in Visual Studio; 3) Collaborating with business partners and engineering teams to drive positive and impactful business outcomes that align to quantifiable business metrics.
Strong candidates should have a Computer Science or related degree, plus 14+ years direct involvement designing and delivering enterprise-class solutions, as well as familiarity with Microsoft technologies, excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, experience operating in an agile methodology, and in-depth skills in requirements identification and clarification. Candidates should have previous experience with multiple product release cycles, an understanding of transaction processing systems, reporting and analytics is desired. A good understanding of Professional Services Automation solutions is a plus.
- 14+ years of IT/Product Engineering experience of which 6+ years operating in a complex, multi-system environment as product owner (or related) with strong understanding of the Agile framework
- Experience with shipping at least 2 full product releases, from release inception through live site support
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required, MBA preferred
Preferred, not required:
- Knowledge on analytics, data mining, data visualization and machine learning
- Passionate problem solver who continuously strives to make things better
- Enjoy wearing multiple hats and digging in to make things happen. Equally comfortable articulating the big picture and refining the small details
- Customer and data obsessed, always learning and refining your features to deliver maximum business impact
- Love pushing for clarity in communication and can explain large, complex systems, in simple-straightforward language. Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Experience working in a global delivery model
You would join the team as a Program Manager focused on the Global Capacity management platform that powers Microsoft's Enterprise Services business. This is a great opportunity for talented individuals to help surface transformational opportunities through a deep understanding of business processes combined with analytical knowhow. You’ll have immediate impact by:
- Deeply understanding how Enterprise Services functions today and how we can optimize operations through quality & timely insights built on a high speed, high scale tech stack
- Partnering closely with other Engineering teams to light up actionable insights in experiences they support
- Driving a service vision and definition (as well as key success criteria), arriving at business outcomes and roadmap definition, defining system roadmap required to meet core business outcomes, and creating high quality features and user stories to deliver on those outcomes.
- Provide thought leadership on how scenarios and features will be implemented across multiple systems and organizations
- Developing and sustaining strong working relationships with business, application program managers, software engineers, services engineers, vendors and Engineering peers.