Technical Program Manager
What if your job description was simply: “Make tomorrow better”?
Every day, we bring our insatiable curiosity and customer obsession to the table, challenging ourselves and each other, to make tomorrow better for the millions of businesses we empower around the globe. As one of Microsoft’s growth businesses, key monetization pillars, and Customer Solution Areas, we contribute over $10B in annual revenue. On the Microsoft Advertiser Platform, we build high scale services for our customers, as well as for our field teams across Sales, Support and Marketing that service these customers. Businesses depend on us to onboard the Microsoft Ads eco-system and set up and optimize their marketing campaigns to get the best return on their investments to meet their marketing goals. We have the triple challenge of accelerating the growth of campaigns from these advertisers, increasing our fair share of their marketing budgets, and winning fans and advocates among them, by creating love for our product.
Are you ready for that challenge?
As CEO of your product portfolio, you will shape these products every day. You will walk in our customers’ shoes – building on engagements with them, you will understand how they are using our product today and what they need from our product tomorrow. You will deeply understand the industry we are serving, the business we are in and our competition. You will identify new growth initiatives, craft product vision and the strategy to realize it. You will lead innovation, using data to experiment, learn, and iterate, without fear of failure. You will work across the company with other product groups, as well as across the aisle with other disciplines. You will keep the big picture in focus, while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. You will partner with, and inspire, our development team to deliver significant value to our customers and business. Besides working with these technical peers, you will also work
• 4+ years of experience in Program Management where you have successfully released end-to-end experiences through the entirety of the product development lifecycle: from ideation through development and release, go-to-market and beyond.
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree equivalent in computer science, engineering, business administration, or related field
• Experience in online/web services environment.
• Experience working with customers, with ability to deeply understand customer needs and competitive landscape, to achieve the best outcomes for the customer.
• Critical thinking & creative problem solving.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with strong technical abilities.
• Open-mindedness, i.e., growth mindset vs. fixed mindset.
• Data-driven decision making and ability to thoughtfully experiment.
• Diverse and inclusive with strong cross-team collaboration.
• Experience in digital advertising or e-commerce is highly desired,
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are at the crossroads of expanding our portfolio beyond traditional search advertising and expanding our advertising footprint with new initiatives that propel business growth. Our team is charged with delivering best-in-class advertiser experiences for search engine marketing, native advertising, and industry-specific solutions. Our advertising products enable advertisers to showcase their brands, products, and services with the right message to the right target user at the right time. We need a leader to creatively identify new initiatives and propel new business growth for Microsoft Advertising’s customers.
In this specific position, you will take on the challenge of growing our advertiser base and demand portfolio to fuel revenue growth. You will be driving next generation features that create a love for our products. You will incorporate state-of-the-art machine learning and optimization techniques to light new experiences that boost advertiser ROI. We need an entrepreneur with creativity to leverage our new business initiatives that expand our demand portfolio, capitalize on the latest market trends and propel new business growth.
• You will own the end-to-end vision and roadmap for your area.
• With an understanding of the advertising business and your customers, you will evaluate and prioritize investments for the biggest business outcomes.
• You will be accountable for the business outcomes and the product experiences.
• Be a strong advocate for our customers.
• Evangelize and generate excitement in your product areas.
• Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work in a highly fast-paced environment.
• Collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the organization and drive your ideas with clarity and focus.
• Our advertisers than span the globe and you will exhibit global thinking to devise solutions for them.