RF Engineer4 months ago - Irvine - 59 views
What you’ll be doing...
The RF Engineer provides subject matter expertise to the RF Design of the submarket’s cellular/LTE network including review of sectors for overarching capacity and coverage challenges.
- Be able to manage multiple projects at a time independently.
- Creating Macro search rings, 5G and Small Cell Polygons, RFP issuance, candidate assessment, and approvals. Performing radio engineering evaluation for system planning and site acquisition; coordinating and planning frequency assignments.
- Using propagation tools such as Atoll to perform system designs of macro new build and modifications, 5G and small cells including antenna and RRH selection and placement.
- Displaying knowledge and skills of ACP and Truecall.
- Redesigning network areas to minimize capacity constraints and improve SINR while working with other areas of network to ensure performance fixes/initiatives are in place.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Capacity Planning by using tools such as MPT. Developing and implement new solutions by evaluating and measuring Capacity Trigger status. Communicating with other Network teams to identify, design, and activate long term build plans.
- Partnering with System Performance to reduce Lost Calls, Ineffective Attempts, Failed connection attempts, Dropped Connections, RRC setup failures, RRC Drops, Context Setup Failures, and Context Drops.
- Using system tools such as FUZE, SiteTraker, Atoll, RFE Compliance, Zite, Real-Time Tool, Truecall, ALPT, RoofMaster ,XNG, SAM, POs Generation.
- Pursuing technical issues, problem solving, and reviewing new technical products/services to the benefit and improvement of the overall network.
- Processes documentation required for FAA/FCC filings and compliance.
- Analyzing Site EME requirements and document required signage and safety requirements.
- Ability to file E911 and troubleshoot using Cart tool. Following up with national teams to ensure load is updated timely.
What we’re looking for...
You take ownership of issues and their successful resolution. You’re proactive, driven to find improvement opportunities, and creative and persistent in solving problems. Your superior time management, prioritization, and planning skills help you thrive in a dynamic work environment. A committed team player, coaching and developing more junior team members is important to you.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in RF design and optimization.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- Knowledge of RF theory and practice, as well as LTE/VoLTE technology.
- Experience in design & optimization of LTE/VoLTE networks
- Knowledge of propagation modeling software such as Planet EV or Atoll.
- Understanding of LTE network KPIs and key parameters.
- Experience with Model Tuning.
- Knowledge of various RF tools such as Mapinfo or post processing software.
- Knowledge of SQL scripting or VB Scripting.
- Knowledge of Excel, including VB macro creation and worksheet manipulation.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.