Public Sector Partner Solution Architect - Amazon Web Services, Canberra1 week ago - Canberra - 2 views
Do you like helping partners solve tough technical problems?
Would you like to help some of the best known Systems Integrators in the world utilize cloud computing technologies?
Do you have a knack for helping companies understand application architectures and integration approaches?
Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as the leading cloud computing platform?
As a Partner Solution Architect you will be focused on Public-Sector-centric partners in the AWS Partner Network (APN). You will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services across this partner community. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement with partners, working with the AWS training team on partner enablement and working with the partner on their go to market offerings and help supporting partners in partner lead customer engagements.
The ideal candidate will possess deep technical skill in software architecture and cloud computing as well as customer facing skills at all levels of a partner organization. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a strategic member of the AWS business development team, you will act as a trusted advisor to our consulting and technology partners. This includes:
· Provide the architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successful partner engagements worldwide.
· Assist solution providers with the definition of technical strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offering on the AWS platform.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge with our broader Solution Architect community
· Share customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS
- Expected travel 25%-50%
The right person will possess significant hands on implementation or consulting experience and demonstrate a strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
· The successful candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer facing roles and a proven record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations and interactions with partner and customers.
· Experience working with end user or developer communities
· Experience supporting partners and programs
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must. Past experience writing and publishing technical whitepapers desirable
· Technial degree required; Computer Science, Math or Technical background highly desired; Advanced Degree a plus
· Experience working with AWS technologies from a DevOps perspective
· AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate