Senior Bid Manager6 dni temu - London - 2 views
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
The Thales UK Bid & Project Management vision is:
“Accountable professionals leading the successful delivery of bids and projects to all our customers”
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this role is to secure new complex high-value strategic contracts for the MMS organisation, via the application of best-practice Bid Management behaviours and processes.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Plan, undertake and manage Bid Management activities in a timely manner that will lead to the successful delivery of numerous bids (some in series whilst others in parallel). These are to be done by the application of best practice principles and process to also ensure robust project baselines are developed in preparation for handover to assigned Project / Programme Managers in readiness for successful profitable delivery. Key tasks will include (but not be limited to):
·Work effectively with Capture Leader to:
§Identify, develop and deliver opportunities across the portfolio that meets the targets of the Multi-Year Budget.
§Being responsible for the development of Pre-qualification response submissions to customers.
§Establish Opportunity Win Prices and Win Themes that link customer needs with defined benefits of the Thales offering therefore increasing our Probability of Win.
- Identify and implement Left Shifting opportunities early in the opportunities life-cycle to not only increase our chance of securing the opportunity/winning but to also provide the foundations for a robust project baseline.
·Assessment of the portfolios bid categories and tailoring approach, in order to ensure each bid follows an efficient and lean bid process whilst still meeting all governance requirements.
·Establishing the Bid Plan to move the opportunity from initial identification and maturity to the point of delivering a quality proposal to the customer whilst respecting the constraints of cost, quality and time.
·Working with all Job Family owners to identify and secure the resources required of the various bid plans/teams
·Providing daily Leadership and management to the assigned bid teams to ensure that key relationships are being effectively managed and that vital customer, industry and business knowledge and networks are being effectively utilised to deliver the winning solutions. This will entail planning and leading the teams through the key bid phases and milestones such as:
§Frame the Bid
oBid Kick-off Meetings; Establishing the key bid artefacts e.g. WBS, OBS, RAM; Bid Baseline Reviews;
§Prepare the Bid
oCreation of the bid deliverables; Plan and establish estimates which in turn will output the bids cost and price sheets; Planning and holding Risk and Opportunity Reviews and Logs; Developing the detailed execution schedule;
·Post bid submission, be a key member of the team that negotiates the offer with the customer with the objective being to stay within Gate 2 mandates whilst achieving Contract Award.
The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are not listed above but are necessary to respond to the needs of the business. These ad-hoc duties will be consistent with the nature of a management position within Thales.
- The ability to adapt personal style of management and communication to achieve the desired results from interactions with team members and stakeholders.
- The ability to drive the right bid solutions to conclusion across complex multi-faceted organisational and stakeholder boundaries.
- An ability to successfully manage change.
- Excellent professional bid management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to deal with customers, partners, suppliers and other parts of the business (stakeholder management skills).
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with written presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong organisational, managerial and team working skills.
- Analytical skills aligned with the need to carry out detailed investigation of cost variance(s) and publishing of financial information directly into Company financial reports.
- Commercial, financial and business acumen.
- A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- A proven track record of driving successful high value/complex bids to successful completion utilising and co-ordinating multidisciplinary teams potential across the Thales multi-site organisation.
- Good client and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrate the ability to construct solutions that meet the market’s need both commercially and technically.
- Full early opportunity lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and bidding and hand-over
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of the Bid Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management).
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of the Qualification, Capture and Bid and hand-over life cycle.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!