Remote Customer Service Representative
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
If you’re self-motivated, disciplined, and resourceful, our at-home role may be perfect for you. As a Customer Service Representative, you’ll be a problem solver, salesperson, troubleshooter, billing expert and more - all while working remotely from the convenience of your home office, which must be located in the state of South Carolina.
- Listening carefully to customers with patience and courtesy.
- Troubleshooting customer problems and identifying solutions while leveraging your strong customer service and communication skills.
- Educating customers and positioning Verizon solutions to drive and close sales.
- Building customer relationships by earning their dedication and trust through unmatched customer experiences.
What we’re looking for...
You are positive and professional with a focus on solving problems and doing whatever it takes to make a difference with every customer every time. You can establish rapport with all kinds of people, listen attentively, and hone in on the most important issues. You explain things easily, in ways that people can understand. You are tech-savvy and know how to use that knowledge to find solutions.
You'll need to have:
- Meet all home office requirements listed below.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One or more years of customer service and/or sales experience.
- Your home office must be located in the state of South Carolina.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Demonstrated communication and customer service skills.
Home office requirements:
- This is a work-from-home role with occasional in-person meetings and training.
- Your home office must be located within the state of South Carolina.
- Internet service with a direct connection to a cable or fiber modem capable of at least 25mbps (per your service plan; a monetary stipend may be provided to you). Wireless connections or DSL are not acceptable.
- A dedicated quiet, private workspace.
- Verizon conducts periodic home audits via webcam to ensure your workspace meets requirements.
- The ability to self-manage in a remote work environment including setup of company-provided ergonomic chair, desk, and computer equipment and ongoing proactive, skilled, and effective management of your home network and connections.
- Demonstrated self-discipline, time management skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to work collaboratively with leaders and on a team - all in a remote work environment.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- An associate's degree.
- Experience resolving customer issues, billing, and/or handling product use questions.
- Experience solving customer problems in a work-from-home environment.
- Experience promoting and/or selling products and services.
- Proficiency with technology applying it to solve problems.
Verizon is an award winning company and has been recognized by the Diversity Best Practices Inclusion Index, Working Mother Magazine, as a best company for multicultural women, as a top 10 Best for Vets employer, and as a top 10 Military Spouse Friendly Employer.
Being surrounded by great technology is the start. Being surrounded by great people makes it even better. Thousands of locations, millions of connections. A personal experience for each customer created by you.
Our technologies and our customers’ needs are always evolving. You’ll be at the forefront of the tech world’s latest trends.
After you apply…
You may be required to take an assessment (30 mins) and record audio responses to interview questions (30 mins). If you’re selected to move forward one of our recruiters will reach out to tell you more about the role and answer your questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.