Head of Business Planning and Reporting6 dni temu - London - 2 views
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
The Thales UK Bid and Project Management vision is:
“Accountable professionals leading the successful delivery of bids and projects to all our customers”
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The primary purpose of the role is to provide an effective Business Reporting and Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and service by co-ordinating the information from multiple sources and stakeholder groups to form the core business plans necessary to support effective decision making project and business management.
To Provide integrated, coherent and consistent operational business management information (including financial, efficiency, effectiveness, business assurance, legal and regulatory governance) to DMS and DMS domains. This information will integrate project performance and operational performance into a single coherent business wide view and produce and manage an integrated set of ‘end to end’ Key Performance and process indicators (‘Lead’ and ‘Lag’ measures).
Facilitating the business planning process (including SBP, TSIP, MTIP, IBP, D&OP, MYB, and PIs) ensuring the timely production and alignment between plans. Production of a DMS business plan and master schedule that support the BL driven SBP/TISP/MTIP and provides a common set of business assumptions to be used as the basis of annual budgeting, investment decisions and drive continuous performance improvement.
Planning and managing the business governance process ensuring all relevant activities are planned, sequenced and supported by appropriate business information
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Developing and maintaining a set of Key Performance Indicators and associated dashboard(s), root cause analysis and recommendations for improvement
- Working with Domain PMOs to agree and maintain a cohesive reporting ‘format’ and presentation style, and to ensure that the analysis of information is accurate, consistent and timely.
- Developing and providing high quality and appropriate management information and report that can be used to satisfy a number of demands from within DMS and the wider Thales organisation.
- Producing a Master Business Plan that identifies all key business activity/business drumbeat including key planning dates, MYB/governance activities/audits etc.
- Producing draft annual objectives that deliver in year performance as well as align to the Strategic Plans
- Facilitating the production of BOR, CODIR reports with associated analysis and recommendations
- Driving collaborative behaviours that focus on business results (financial, customer, employee)
- Implement the IBP review cycle; effective preparation of reviews and associated in-feed reports and communication before, during and post each review.
- Maintains focus on achieving the IBP benefits to the business and on looking ahead at the 24 month rolling period.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the individual IBP components including the IBP Supply Capability, Demand and Supply Reviews
- Track the closure of agreed actions at the various reviews
- Create and maintain a valid and achievable supply plan which is balanced with the demand plan and to the capabilities of the business resources
- Collate output from each work stream review and prepare the MBR pack and make available with sufficient time before the review.
- Attend cross-business work stream reviews as required, to provide feedback and suggest any work stream improvements to either the templates or the process
- Liaise with all IBP Co-ordinators to ensure feedback and communication is continuous
- Produce effective reports in formats that are meaningful for IBP UK / RCCP inputs
- Collate the Operations Metrics and produce A3’s on a monthly basis as agreed with Project Management / Operations Management
- Integrate with resource management and functional management to produce up to date headcount reporting and assist in the resolution of headcount / workload data discrepancies.
- Produce aggregated bid and project related business dashboards and performance reports in line with the reporting cycle.
- The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are not listed above but are necessary to respond to the needs of the business. These ad-hoc duties will be consistent with the nature of an Integrated Business Planning Manager position within Thales.
Experience & Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years in a Business Operational role with a deep understanding of operational performance levers
- Ability to interrogate data and derive information and high quality, relevant business analysis and recommendations
- A deep understanding of business analytics and associated MI product and uses
- A good problem solver showing initiative and improvisation
- Ability to connect seemingly disparate information to spot trends
- Ability to use a combination of information and experience to provide high quality, relevant reports withrecommendations for action
- A focus on Customers (internal and external)
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to portray management information in a simple and easily understood way
- Advance excel skills, understanding of ERP systems and business intelligence and reporting tools
- In depth understanding of the IBP process and business benefits
- Demonstrable expertise in the effective deployment of Integrated Business Planning processes:
- The ability to interpret the requirements of projects for an Integrated Business Planning service and to effectively apply the correct processes and tools to ensure the effective deliver of the service, either directly or through the direction to other member of the Project Management Office.
- Practical working capability with routine Integrated Business Planning tools such as; Oracle, Cube, BCPM, Primavera.
- Excellent communicator
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!