Performance Data Analyst1 week ago - Sydney - 6 views
Performance Data Analyst
Req ID 95368BR Job category Retail Countries (State/Region) Victoria Location Australia - Victoria - Melbourne Apply now
This role is responsible for leading and advising the business in economic modelling and network performance across the portfolio within Asset Management. This roles primary focus is to work with the Leadership stakeholders across the broader Business Unit, undertake data analytical functions and investigate unstructured data, identify and study patterns, identify current and potential trends.
- This roles primary focus is to work with the Leadership stakeholders across the broader BU, undertake data analytical functions and investigate unstructured data, identify and study patterns, identify current and potential trends.
- Provide Performance SME advise. Lead and implement continuous improvement and change to economic models, assumption, controls and solutions.
- The role acts as a SME in Data Analytics Data Science space utilising a suite of technical tools and techniques to assure the business’s strategy is met.
- Leverage internal & external relationships to ensure excellence in operational handover of the Growth Strategy.
- Drive improvements throughout all aspects of Asset Management operations.
- Deliver a variety of tasks including preparing and discussing results of performance across a selection of Commercial lines of business as well as future expected performance. Prepare and produce platforms, Research data house RFIs and monthly business reports.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Extensive experience as a business data analyst with a proven track record within business performance unit’s data mining and warehousing.
- Strong understanding of Metrics, Information Governance, Information life cycles, data sources and modelling.
- Proficient in the use of Power BI, Tableau, Vbasic, or other BI&A systems and practices.
- Strong level of commercial experience in data manipulation and trend analysis using BI&A models.
- Skilful in the use of BI and or data Visualisation toolsets.
- Skilful in management of financial/budget/project/performance controls.
- Skilful in the ability to lead and influence key stakeholders
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
BP’s Fuels AsPac business operates in three distinctive retail fuels markets in Australia, New Zealand and China.
We’ve been proudly operating in Australia for almost 100 years. Here, we are the only fully integrated fuels business, with a team of 6,000 passionate people delivering quality fuels from the well to the petrol bowser. Along with our terminals, pipelines and 1,400 BP-branded retail fuel sites we are also founding participants in the North West Shelf and Browse joint ventures. We also operate Australia’s largest refinery in Kwinana.
Our 3,000 strong New Zealand team is driven to deliver a customer experience second to none. Today we operate more than 90 BP Connect retail sites and are renowned for our signature Wild Bean Cafes. We also have a national network of BP-branded independent retailers, distributor partners, truckstops, and a terminals and logistics operation.
Through strong partnerships with China’s top two state-owned oil companies, PetroChina and Sinopec, BP operates over 750 dual-branded retail stations in Guangdong and Zhejiang provinces, serving 400,000 customers and selling over 12 million litres of gasoline and diesel every day. And BP now also has a joint venture with Shandong Dongming Petroleum Company Ltd.
BP strives to be a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a great employer. We care deeply about our people, creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everybody can contribute and grow. The breadth of our business makes it the perfect place to build your career.