Optival Lubrication Specialist - FTC3 months ago - Sydney - 65 views
Optival Lubrication Specialist - FTC
Req ID 92900BR Job category Engineering Countries (State/Region) Western Australia Location Australia - Western Australia - Perth Apply now
As part of BP, Castrol is widely acknowledged as the world’s leading specialist provider of Lubricant solutions. Although best known for our expertise in developing lubricants for cars and bikes, we also produce lubricants that directly affect our daily lives in other ways such as in gas and electricity production, transport industries, construction, earth moving vehicles and the marine and industrial sector in general.
About the opportunity
In today’s competitive Mining market BP/Castrol have taken the position that a major source of incremental value for us is in the delivery of technical and operational support associated with lubrication selection, application, management and handling. The Auto Lubes and AIME mining sales team have recently formed “one mining team” to target this large growth sector in Australia. This is an exciting 2 year contract role with BP! The role will require fly in and fly out work into the Pilbara region on a Monday to Friday basis.
- Undertake physical inspections of equipment and lubrication work practices, making recommendations to improve lubrication processes
- Provide assurance that the optimum product has been recommended and used in applications and Identify potential prospects for value opportunities
- Providing assistance to the customer in developing targets & plans to improve specific areas of their operation in line with their respective lubrication management and handling plans,
- Report tracking against target & lubrication management and handling plans,
- On the job coaching and verification of both the understanding of the lubrication management, application, storage and handling standards and BP’s training packages being put into practice
- Identify project opportunities to deliver cost savings and operational improvements
- Provide assistance with project delivery targets as required for assigned customers
Essential experience and job requirements
To be successful in the Optival Lubrication Specialist role, you will bring significant technical experience in either lubricants or have a strong background in mining maintenance.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic – able to work remotely, independently as well as part of a team.
- Driving value through innovative customer support is a key part of the Optival mining offer and is integral in enabling BP to maximise the revenue from this space
- This role is based remotely and requires self-management
- Customer focused with commercial experience of balancing customer requirements with operational costs.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including report writing skills – the ability to influence internal and external customers.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
This role involves FIFO work.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Technical Lubricants experience would be highly advantageous.
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
BP Lubricants is a world-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of premium lubricating oils and greases. As a proud member of the BP group, our global reach extends into 44 countries and we market our products in over 75. It’s a complex operation of many moving parts – made possible by a close-knit network of over 7,000 talented employees across eleven different functions.
Among us, you’ll find engineers and technologists. Business managers and analysts. We work in offices, in labs, by the race track and on the shop floor. We’re creators, innovators, thinkers and networkers. Graduates, parents, leaders and experts. We share ideas from every background and support every bold ambition. And we benefit from our combined experience, from every walk of life. Together, we’re keeping the world moving. So we’re immensely proud of what we do.