Test Engineer_Senior / Junior
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the Agile team to improve product quality & to perform software testing.
- Act as a quality coach within the domain of responsibility and driving a quality aware software development.
- Lead the development and execution of a test strategy. Develop test cases together with other engineers.
- Analyze the coming features and find out what risks they bring for our quality.
- Use the existing testing frameworks or extend them as needed.
- Mentor other engineers in the testing domain.
- Contribute in improving & building various test processes within development process.
What you’ll need
- You get excited by designing software testing systems and your quality standards are over the top.
- Speak your mind, ask questions, share ideas and be curious about everything.
- Experience testing applications on at least one of the following operating systems: Linux, QNX, Android, iOS, Unix.
- Experience testing applications for performance, reliability, robustness, memory usage, storage usage, and other characteristics.
- Experience with test management tools and issue tracking tools (e.g. Jira/Jira X-Ray).
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- 2+ years of directly related experience in software testing.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
What’s nice to have
- ISTQB certified.
- Language proficiency is an advantage (e.g. Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, South East Asian languages)
Meet your team
We’re Automotive Systems. We build the next generation connected navigation systems that TomTom Automotive provides to leading players in the global automotive industry. Our team works on diverse projects in an agile environment, integrating a variety of TomTom products and services into one tailor-made solution. On our team, you’ll see your work come to life as it evolves from a first demo to being used in millions of cars on the road.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – it’s how we make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple because life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely, and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?