Technical Program Manager1 week geleden - Herndon - 5 views
AWS has an immediate opening for a Technical Program Manager to support infrastructure growth initiatives. The TPM will lead cross functional teams to drive the implementation and deployment of the completed designs, develop and document requirements, budgets, and project schedules in support of South America and North America Data Center builds.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally strong communicator, both written and verbally, and possess 2-5 + years of experience in tactical project management of highly technical initiatives, as well as strategic program management. Experience in managing data center infrastructure deployments is a plus. A Bachelor's Degree or additional technical experience is required. Candidates possessing a background in architecture/design, mechanical/electrical engineering, software/hardware engineering, data center infrastructure/operations, and/or construction, who have transitioned to a program management discipline will have a distinct advantage.
Candidate must be comfortable managing remote project delivery teams, and possess the ability to facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot project implementation issues, and remove barriers to project success. Being able to create cross-functional matrix-based teams, establish trust with a variety of stakeholders across multiple time zones, manage capital budgets, eliminate non-value-add activity, design solutions, remove blockers, and find creative ways to accelerate project delivery is a must.
The TPM will be fully competent in a variety of project management tools, methodologies and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle and exhibit demonstrated proficiency in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management, reporting and metric development/tracking. Other requirements include proficiency with MS Office, MS Project and MS SharePoint. Experience with Tableau, KanBan, Playbook, SQL and systems integration a plus.
5% Domestic Travel Required to support AWS Region Expansion efforts in Seattle, Oregon, and Virginia.
25% International Travel may be required to support AWS Region Expansion efforts on a global scale.
If you meet these qualifications, exude passion, and enjoy the challenges of deploying highly technical and innovative projects at massive scale, this job is for you!
· Bachelor’s Degree AND 2 + years of project management experience OR 5 + years of project management experience (experience can be substituted for degree)
· Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management.
· Experience effectively managing project budgets is essential
· Master’s Degree or advanced professional degree
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
· Well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure.
· Experience in management of complex technology infrastructure projects
· Experience with and deep understanding of multiple project management methodologies
· Solid analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentation skills
· Experience using MS Project, MS Office, and MS SharePoint
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.