About Amazon Music
Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.
About the team
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
The Amazon Music Mobile Platform team is a foundational team to scale distributed development teams for the iOS and Android Music mobile apps. We are responsible for common architectural components, continuous integration (CI), release management, operations, security, and performance. We have teams in San Francisco, Toronto, India, and now Mexico City! We are looking for a support engineer to maintain our CI systems, monitor production releases, root cause customer issues, and develop tooling to solve common problems and scale the 20 features teams we support. This is an impactful role that is highly visible to the Music stakeholders where you will be responsible for a broad set of tasks to contribute and grow your skills. The development teams works with Android, iOS, AWS, Kotlin, Java, Swift, and Objective-C.
· 2+ years of development or technical support experience
· Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
· Experience in Linux
· Experience scripting in modern program languages
· B.E. in Computer Science or a related field.
· Strong knowledge of programming, Operating System and Data structures concepts preferred
· Experience in database architecture and perform SQL queries.
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve productivity and develop defect reduction strategies using automation or creative processes.
· Ability to understand technical specifications, distributed systems architecture and ability to deep dive on service/application logs.
· Proven track record in working on enterprise level large scale n-tier applications
· Development Experience in Java. Understanding of XML/JSON, web services, web application development, and industry-standard commerce systems.
· Demonstrated experience in Python or other modern program languages, a sound knowledge of web technologies.
· Advanced knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system and tools
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues in complex Enterprise Level applications.
· Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence.
· Experience implementing production operations management and monitoring tools.
· Knowledge of AWS products and technologies.