Sr. Architect Connected Vehicles
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens, and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do:
As a Sr. Architect you will:
- Lead the development of connected navigation systems that the TomTom Automotive Systems product unit develops for its business customers.
- Being involved in both product definition and product development and builds upon the assets developed by the various TomTom product units.
- Work closely together with many stakeholders among which customers, sales and marketing, product management, product units, corporate security and privacy, suppliers, quality assurance, program and project management, architects and developers.
- Own the product architecture and ensure that the product is designed such that it satisfies stakeholder expectations.
- Analyze customer requirements for assessing technical feasibility; contribute architecture visions to technology strategies and architectural runways, being responsible for product DFMEA and the product security threat analysis.
- Contribute to RFI/RFQ responses by creating a technical proposition that is typically documented in a technical annex and presented to the customer in a hearing.
- Contribute to architecture user stories, provide a solid basis for reliable product feature size estimations, and ensure that technical dependencies are considered when deciding on the product release planning.
- Assist all teams in the Automotive organization transitioning to cloud-oriented architectures and development methodologies.
What you’ll need:
- Proficient oral and written communication skills, including presentations to technical and non-technical audiences, with attested technical leadership and mentorship abilities.
- Keeping skills and job knowledge continuously up to date by tracking emerging practices and standards; participating in trainings and professional organizations and establishing personal networks.
- Pragmatic conceptual thinkers have a natural sense of urgency and manage own work and time, comfortable with both conventional waterfall and modern agile engineering practices
- Up to date with relevant vehicle, mobile, hardware, software, and services architectures, methodologies, tools, and technologies.
- Capable to search for, find, and absorb technical knowledge and know-how quickly and translate these into successful product design propositions
- Acting as a subject matter expert within the department and participate in knowledge sharing with other product units.
- Ability to think out of the box and bring new ideas to the table.
What’s nice to have:
- Professional experience in software development with an established track record as a cloud technology expert (AWS and/or Azure).
- Experience in designing, deploying, configuring and supporting Cloud Infrastructure
- Automotive experience
Meet your team
We’re TomTom Automotive. On our team, your work will accelerate the future of driving. We provide car manufacturers with the modular components they need to create competitive, tailor-made infotainment systems, and the mapping technology that are enabling self-driving cars to see beyond their sensors. With over 25 years of experience in delivering leading in connected navigation software, traffic information and highly accurate digital maps, we are a trusted partner to the global automotive industry.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely, and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?