Senior Technical Program Manager - Cloud Advocacy
**REMOTE POSITION WORKING IN USA TIMEZONES**
Join our team and make the world better for developers!
We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure engineering. Our global team is dedicated to making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open-source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn.
This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: www.aka.ms/meettheteam
The Cloud Advocacy Program Management team brings product management principles to the Cloud Advocacy team inside Microsoft’s Developer Relations division. The team’s partnership with Cloud Advocacy is essential to drive strategy, delivery, and iteration of engaging with our communities around the world.
A program manager is paired to a specific team inside our advocacy organization and focuses on developing deep connections with our communities as well as engaging these communities with a product management mindset. You will partner with various teams inside Microsoft (including Product, Marketing, and Documentation) to develop and nurture your community engagement strategy. This will include using data to drive decision making, defining scope, prioritizing content, and bringing feedback to engineering teams from our communities. You will serve as an integral part of ensuring our team’s successful enablement of the broader Developer Relations community at Microsoft.
There are three key components for this role:
- Product Manager (define the roadmap for advocacy in partnership with the Advocacy Team based on community needs and business goals)
- Project manager (execution and delivery of the roadmap you’ve defined)
- Research the latest practices for the DevRel team to keep running efficiently and optimally. Iterate on your roadmap based on research and data.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to directly support and influence the day-to-day operations of the Cloud Native Advocacy team which works to engage with developers, open-source projects, and community leaders to help Microsoft best understand how to help these stakeholders build compelling solutions. The mission of the Cloud Advocacy team is to win the hearts and minds of a technical audience through authenticity, community, and technical engagement. Cloud Advocates are instrumental in building a large and vibrant community for Cloud Native technologies at Microsoft.
Problem solver who constantly seeks to refine, iterate, and improve on efforts to arrive at sustainable solutions vs isolated fixes.
- Strives for collaboration to create larger impact while maintaining voice and integrity of strategy.
- Able to balance multiple projects at one time.
- Comfortable working with various time zones across a distributed team.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with different leadership levels throughout the organization without authority.
- Proficient in a variety of program and project management tools and proven track record to quickly assess new tooling when appropriate.
- Uses data to inform decision making balanced with qualitative inputs.
- Seeks to drive clarity in communications.
- Leads team wide best practices and mentors peers
- 4+ years of experience in product management, program management, or equivalent experience.
- 1+ year of experience with the Cloud Native (CNCF) community and/or technologies.
- Experience with the Kubernetes, Containers, Rust, or Go community in events, content or code would be a significant benefit
- Experience in Developer Relations and/or Community Management a plus.
· Prior engagement with broader developer communities a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Create a global strategy of engagement in partnership with the Cloud Advocate Technology Community lead for the Cloud Native ecosystem.
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with individuals and communities worldwide, in partnership with Cloud Advocates.
- Work cross-organizationally with product PM’s, product marketing, doc’s team, and community PM’s to build and execute community strategy for the Cloud Native Advocacy Team.
- Research your community, sharing “community intelligence” insights with stakeholders and use the insights to tailor your strategy and programs.
- Measure and report on the efficacy of programs through qualitative and quantitative means, working closely with both our analytics teams and our Cloud Advocates, to iterate on our advocacy efforts.