Senior Supply Chain Program Manager
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
Supply Chain Operations Management (SCOM) organization within CSCP manages manufacturing operations and fulfilment with the external supply chain partners. Well-defined and executed sourcing and supply chain management strategies ensures predictable on-time performance, optimized for cost, prevents urgent unplanned investments and provides accurate, timely information across the supply base and internally across the infrastructure organization. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy supply chain professional to help build create sustainable advantage through supply chain.
- 8 years experience in supply chain, business consulting, program management, manufacturing or operations planning
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain, or a related technical degree, MBA Preferred
- 5+ years’ consulting and/or information technologies in a supply chain supporting hardware or software
- Experience in project or program management with proven track record of successfully setting up and executing supply chain operational processes
- Experience in working with global and cross-functional internal and external teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in leading cross functional teams for supply chain operations
- Cloud / high tech supply chain experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives with key stakeholders, Finance, Operations, Planning and Sourcing functions.
- Ability to lead in ambiguous situations, and deal effectively with conflicting priorities and changes
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge in root cause analysis/problem solving and the ability to implement and drive corrective actions and efficiencies in a matrix environment
- Customer driven and strong attention to detail
- Strong track record of achieving operational goals and targets
- Proven capabilities in operating in a growing, fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Distinctive problem-solving leadership and analytical thinking for continuous improvement
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build relationships across multiple layers in the organization
- Strong leadership skills and growth mindset in leading a team
- Excellent communication and synthesizing skills of both written and verbal
- Familiar with Microsoft business tools (e.g. Word, Excel modeling, PowerPoint slides) and able to generate quality outputs
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The role of Senior Supply Chain Program Manager will be responsible for driving cross-functional projects and business initiatives for Supply Chain Operations Team (SCOM) and Cloud Manufacturing and Fulfilment (CMOF).
In this role, you will be reporting to the Sr. Director of Azure Cloud Supply Chain Operations on assigned key projects and business initiatives. The primary focus will be on process improvements driving operational excellence as well as some operational assignments.
- Drive cross-functional process improvements with key stakeholders
- Drive projects and workstreams for assigned strategic initiatives
- Represent SCOM leadership team in various forums and work with the teams on actions and deliverables
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Engineering, and Suppliers to establish and ensure all requirements for fulfillment are met
- Interface with demand planning, deployment, sourcing, logistics, data center operations and engineering to build processes, drive optimization, garner supply chain efficiencies and improve delivery performance
- Lead key strategic initiatives for the organization along with a project team / cross functional team
- Collection, synthesis, and communication of analytics and insights to drive strategies and decision making for executives