Senior Supply Chain Manager
The Capacity Supply Chain and Provisioning (CSCP) team is an exciting and fast-evolving part of the Azure group at Microsoft. Our vision is to empower customers to achieve more by delivering cloud capacity differentiated at scale. The organization is responsible for planning, delivery and provision of hardware and supplies for data centers powering Microsoft cloud properties. CSCP supports over 200 online businesses including Bing, O365, OneDrive, Xbox and Windows Azure branded services.
The Cloud Sourcing and Supply chain organization (CSSC) within CSCP manages sourcing and supply of hardware for all of Microsoft’s current and future on-line services. Well-defined and executed Strategic Sourcing and Supply Management ensures reliable on-time performance, prevents urgent and unplanned investments, and provides accurate and timely information across the supply base and internally across the infrastructure organization.
We are seeking a high caliber Senior Supply Chain Manager to join CSSC’s Strategic Compute Sourcing team. This position will be responsible for managing ongoing daily operations for critical compute silicon components that go into server racks for our global datacenter network. The role will manage internal stakeholders as well as supplier relationships to ensure support on continuity of supply, lifecycle management, key programs, process improvement, contracts and technical needs. The ideal candidate will deliver operational excellence with a focus on hardware demand/supply optimization, while keeping Microsoft Cloud at the cutting edge of technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of Supply Chain Experience in Technology industry or related field
- Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field
- Supply Chain experience in the Silicon/Technology Industry
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to build credibility and trust while driving to Microsoft’s Capacity goals
- Deep understanding of Supply Planning elements, tools, and processes
- Proven track record in delivering change, process improvement, and lean manufacturing solutions
- Critical thinking and ability to drive resolution in ambiguous situations
- Comfortable working in a fast-pace, high-growth environment
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Manage supply for critical silicon components, working closely with commodity suppliers, SIs, and other key partners across the Cloud supply chain
- Oversee supply operations, coordinating part forecasts for customer demand, buffer, spares, samples, and match to available supply
- Assist in demand execution, oversee RMAs, support scenario planning and capacity escalations.
- Understand impact analysis and communicate POR and changes to POR internally and externally
- Execute rebate programs, as well as managing internal and external audits
- Manage supplier contracts and assist with supplier negotiations
- Drive rhythm of the business including SRM activities like quarterly business reviews, monthly and weekly operations syncs, as well as support internal Supply Chain Operations reviews
- Collaborate with internal teams on the timing and availability of product transitions in order to plan for platform end of life, and ramp of new platforms
- Identify improvement opportunities and work with cross functional teams to improve tools and process to better meet our capacity needs.