Senior Scala Developer
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Advise and deliver on innovative solutions to technical issues as part of a Scrum team;
- Contribute to architecture ideas that improve the present product or streamline future developments on the present product;
- Promote and consider quality, innovation, productiveness, and efficiency in all areas of work;
- Produce high quality, efficient and maintainable code, whilst meeting the agreed requirements;
- Promote and improve the current software development practices, processes and standards, including where needed, performing code reviews, design reviews and writing documentation.
- Developing the code and working closely with other departments where needed (think Agile/XP/Scrum!)
- Helping to plan sprints and being involved in refinement of backlogs
What you’ll need
- Experience with Scala or Java on the Akka framework
- Be open to work on any field of the development: Server, client, testing, operations, and new technologies, we all get involved in getting things done.
What’s nice to have
- Knowledge or interest in the following would be a bonus: Akka, NoSQL (Riak), AWS, Azure or container runtimes such as Kubernetes. Developing distributed systems that are secure, scalable and highly available.
Meet your team
We’re Navigation, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. We develop software for onboard, hybrid, and online navigation applications – used by hundreds of millions of people around the world. Using a Navigation Data Standard (NDS) run-time format, our software includes navigation domain logic for traffic-dependent routing, route guidance, map visualization, search, positioning and machine learning-based predictions and suggestions. On our team, you’ll see your work transforming connected and embedded navigation around the world.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?