Senior Researcher, Generative (Remote)
Join our team and make the world better for developers!
We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn.
This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: www.aka.ms/meettheteam
We are seeking a Senior Researcher on our UX design team, focused on generative research to drive efforts to understand our customers, and improve their experience. You will drive exploratory research efforts across our web product, to help us better understand our users, their journey, and provide insights and recommendations for improvement. This is an opportunity to build a new function in our team that focuses on uncovering a deeper understanding of our customers. Join our team, and become part of something meaningful and impactful to others. This is a remote role.
We’d Love To Hear From You If
- You are highly self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit, willing to dig in
- You have an affinity toward behavioral economics as second nature in your thinking
- You can communicate clearly, and have a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Are a good story teller, with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- You can embrace change in growth environments
- 6+ years of experience conducting qualitative, and mixed-method research and analysis, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively
- Ability to self-manage with little oversight, and juggle multiple projects at once
- Proven experience designing and conducting a range of formative and iterative research methods
Not required, but nice to have:
- Familiarity with industry standard design tools such as Figma
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Build and execute impactful research plan(s) that provide the deep customer insights needed to impact strategy and UX
- Collaborate closely with Designers and Product Managers to identify and prioritize research needs
- Craft and execute research plans to support early stage generative and discovery work
- Work closely with our discovery team, as a startup within the larger org, to identify customer behavior, hypothesize viable solutions, then test for behavior changes
- Conduct user interviews, and perform quick but thorough data analysis to create insightful and actionable findings
- Practice deep customer empathy to uncover insights that change the way we think of our customer's world and how they interact with it
- Define and measure UX approaches, and work with stakeholders on research planning
- Assist and educate UX designers in crafting and executing usability research and user validation testing
- Be an advocate for the user in everything you do