Senior Data Engineer (Open to remote work, except the following locations: SD, VT, and WV)
Werde Teil des Teams von NIKE, Inc.
NIKE, Inc. stattet nicht nur die besten Athleten der Welt aus. Wir erkunden neue Möglichkeiten, finden Wege und überwinden die Grenzen des Machbaren. Unser Unternehmen sucht nach Menschen, die wachsen, denken, träumen und gestalten möchten. Unsere Unternehmenskultur schätzt Vielfalt und belohnt Einfallsreichtum. Unsere Marke sucht Menschen, die ihre Ziele erreichen, Führungsfähigkeiten haben und den Blick in die Zukunft richten. Bei NIKE, Inc. bringen alle Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter ihre Fähigkeiten ein und nehmen immer neue Herausforderungen mit Leidenschaft an.
NIKE ist ein Technologieunternehmen. Unsere Teams bei NIKE Global Technology revolutionieren die Zukunft in der Synergie von Technik und Sport – von unserer state-of-the-art Website und unseren 5-Sterne-Apps bis hin zu Produktentwicklung, Verwaltung von Big Data und hochmodernem Engineering und Systemsupport. Wir investieren in Technologien und entwickeln sie weiter. Bei uns arbeiten einige der kreativsten Köpfe der Welt. Wir unterstützen sie darin, Kunden zu helfen, sich neu- und weiterzuentwickeln und ihnen dabei direkt und persönlich zu helfen. Unsere Teams sind innovativ, vielseitig und Meister mehrerer Disziplinen. Gemeinsam treiben sie Technologie an und nehmen die Welt dabei gleich mit.
If you’re ready to innovate and create better decision making through data, come join the Enterprise Data & Analytics Technology team. We are looking for multiple Senior Data Engineers to work on projects related to supply chain, global sourcing, manufacturing analytics, commerce, consumer behavior and web analytics. The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data design and implementation capabilities, good eye for business, and a highly developed drive to deliver results. You will be part of an organization that is building engineering data and analytics solutions that are modern, flexible, and scalable. You will work with a variety of hardworking Nike teammates and be a driving force for building first-class solutions for Nike Technology and its business partners.What will you work on
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will drive work you're doing to completion with hands-on development responsibilities, and partner with the Lead Engineer to provide thought leadership and innovation with those results. In this role, you will:
- Design and build reusable components, frameworks and libraries at scale to support analytics products
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and Technology team members
- Identify and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality
- Clean, prepare and optimize data for ingestion and consumption
- Collaborate on the implementation of new data management projects and re-structure of the current data architecture
- Implement automated workflows and routines using workflow scheduling tools
- Build continuous integration, test-driven development and production deployment frameworks
- Review design, code, test plans and dataset implementation performed by other data engineers in support of maintaining data engineering standards
- Analyze and profile data for designing scalable solutions
- Solve data issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve product and operational issues
In this role you will be part of an agile product team, closely partnering with the Product Manager, Lead Engineer, and other team members to deliver data and analytics capabilities to Nike’s Manufacturing and Sustainability organizations. You will partner with business team members, as well as other technology solution delivery, architecture, and platform teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, or related technical subject area or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of proven and relevant work experience
- Extensive experience working with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, etc.
- Experience with messaging/streaming/complex event processing tooling and frameworks with an emphasis on Spark Streaming or Structured Streaming and Apache Nifi
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong understanding of solution and technical design
- Has a strong problem solving and analytical mentality
- Proven ability to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members and business partners
- Able to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks
- Advanced experience building cloud scalable, real time and high-performance data lake solutions
- Expert level SQL abilities
- Strong experience with Python
- Experience developing with Spark, preferably using AWS EMR managed service
- Experience with AWS data engineering services, resources and architecture
- Understanding of microservices architecture and REST APIs
- Experience with source control tools such as GitHub and related dev processes
- Experience with workflow scheduling tools
- Understanding of micro service architecture
- Strong understanding of developing complex data solutions
- Experience working on end-to-end solution design
- Experience with performance and scalability tuning
- Willing to learn new skills and technologies
- Has a passion for data solutions
- Effective communication skills (with team members, the business, and in code)
The following skills and experience are also relevant to our overall environment, and nice to have:
- Experience with Java
- Experience working in a public cloud environment, particularly AWS
- Experience with cloud warehouse tools like Snowflake
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience building RESTful API’s to enable data consumption
- Experience with build tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation and automation tools such as Jenkins or Circle CI
- Experience with practices like Continuous Development, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $111,000 per year. Information about benefits can be found here.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.