Maintenance Software Engineer Automotive Systems
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Work on the maintenance of Automotive products already in the field;
- Analyze issues reported by our Automotive customers and create an analysis report;
- Implement resolutions for reported issues while keeping high quality, efficient and maintainable code and integrate on automotive platforms;
- Work according to Agile methodology, including performing code reviews, design reviews, testing and writing documentation;
- Propose innovative solutions to technical issues and communicate with the team to collaborate accordingly;
- Support the testers with identifying and solving test issues.
What you’ll need
- Several years of experience in software development combined with object-oriented software design abilities;
- Extensive knowledge of C++ is a must; knowledge of OO practices is an advantage;
- Knowledgeable about Operating System concepts (Linux, Android) and cross-platform development;
- Great analytical skills;
- The hands-on approach and good collaboration skills;
- Positive-critical mindset regarding product quality;
- Communication, time management, and problem-solving skills;
- English (verbal, written).
Meet your team
Your team is Automotive Systems. On this team, your work will accelerate the future of driving. We provide car manufacturers with the modular components they need to create competitive, tailor-made infotainment systems, and the mapping technology that are enabling self-driving cars to see beyond their sensors. With over 25 years of experience in delivering leading in connected navigation software, traffic information and highly accurate digital maps, we are a trusted partner to the global automotive industry.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – it’s how we make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple because life is complex enough and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely, and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?