HR Shared Services Support
Provides direct support to employees as part of a centralized function to handle a variety of HR-related transactions. Receives and responds to inquiries/requests from employees concerning HR policies/programs. Appropriately routes inquiries/requests from employees to others for additional information, as needed. Processes various forms related to documenting human resources activities such as new-hire onboarding, compensation, benefits, termination of employment, etc. Manages, maintains, and/or updates employee database; inputs employee data into human resources information/computer system (HRIS) database and/or documents activities as requested.
- 3+ years experience in Operations, Customer Support, HR, or in a customer-facing role
- OR Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficiency in English is a requirement.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- CE2, TOEFL, or similar Language Certification (if not native speaker for needed language).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
HR Central Services Customer Support
- Supports employees and managers by responding to inquiries and performing transactions using documented processes and policies; handles routine inquiries and transactions by referring to standard policies and procedures; escalates issues to senior team members or triages inquiries to the appropriate queue.
- Answers questions from employees and managers on how to use Human Resources shared services, platforms, and tools by using established templates and pointing resources to employees and managers; learns the end-to-end service model.
- Reviews own performance metrics target and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Inputs employee data into Human Resources Information System (HRIS) database and/or documents activities as requested; verifies data input to ensure accuracy by following established guidelines.
- Supports the operational compliance in data handling by learning relevant policies, procedures, and processes; handles both regular and sensitive data by following global and local statutory laws.
- Reviews documents and reports related to employee records in Human Resources processes (e.g., new hire on-boarding, compensation, termination) and verifies their accuracy; participates in information-gathering sessions with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand reporting requirements.
- Documents and updates processes, desk-top procedures, and knowledge-based content as requested in a timely manner; provides input for change on knowledge base content to the team lead.