Director Business Operations
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Business Operations (MBO) - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and recognizes and rewards great work.
Operational Risk Management professionals enable business strategy through a programmatic and global approach to risk management, by methodologically determining, assessing, managing and establishing accountability for the most critical risks facing the company. Microsoft has a sizable community of talented individuals in dedicated risk management roles who are responsible for making our business objectives more likely to be realized and to protect one of the world’s most valuable brands. Operations is uniquely positioned within the company, supporting almost every product Microsoft offers which presents upstream and downstream dependencies.
This position will support the Microsoft Business Operations team to continue to set up the risk and compliance environment as the business is poised to grow significantly over the next few years. Additionally provide thought leadership and advise on projects across the Governance Risk and Compliance team contributing to the strategy and direction of key projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science or related field AND 8+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science or related field AND 6+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills (both written and verbal) and decision-making ability in a virtual and/or cross-functional organization
- Strong ethics, integrity and accountability with ability to maintain independence, autonomy and confidentiality
- A great attitude, and a desire to excel and grow both personally and professionally
- A deep desire to partner with and learn from all part of Microsoft
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive results through partnership and collaboration with others in a team environment
- Experience on successfully influencing at all levels of the organization
- Results driven with strong organizational skills including ability to multi-task
- Able to handle multiple stakeholders, work streams and prioritize as needed, including pushing back
- Good presentations skills and follow-through
- 10+ years’ experience in Risk or Compliance with strong demonstration of leadership, business partnering capabilities and controls & compliance culture;
- Demonstrated a Growth Mindset
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Lead a team of risk and compliance professionals to drive compliance of Privacy, User Access Management and Business Continuity Management
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and influence senior stakeholders
- Lead and show up exhibiting Microsoft’s values
- Build strong relationships with key partners/stakeholders and team members to orchestrate alignment of compliance and risk activities across Microsoft
- Establishes networks across the company to influence change plans, early in the design phase and across extensive business areas. Sought out for opinions and advice as it relates to Risk and Compliance
- Anticipate and Mitigate Risk: Risk Identification and Disposition: Proactively identifies, prioritizes, compares, connects, and interprets operational risks.
- Draws from deep expertise and proven analytical tools and methodologies for risk assessment. Works across teams to challenge assumptions and present actionable recommendations for how to manage the business through analysis.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and counselor across Microsoft Business Operations through gaining trust and establishing relationships of mutual trust
- Drive world class risk and compliance operating models and introducing new ideas & concepts on how to mitigate risk and drive compliance in technology