Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM)
We are looking for highly motivated and passionate Customer Success Account Managers (CSAM) to drive program management for Strategic accounts that have a significant number of key cross cloud workload engagements running concurrently. As the CSAM you will drive acceleration of cloud adoption from Pilot/MVP to production for customers’ cloud engagements by providing cross-engagement oversight, resource orchestration, and blocker escalation in close collaboration with key account team unit members and business partners supporting customer success.
The CSAM will be part of our Customer Success Team. Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
We are currently looking for several CSAMs to join our Customer Success team. By applying to this role, you will be considered for multiple opportunities within Microsoft across Canada.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 4+ years solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
- OR Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND 3+ years solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Leadership - This role requires strong communication skills, as well as displaying executive presence and confidence in varying levels of customer situations. The CSAM must show leadership in teams comprised of Microsoft, Partner and customer resources who may be engaged in the delivery of complex solutions for overall customer success.
- Relationship Building - Proven track record of building relationships with senior customer executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions/engagements required.
- Program Management - Excellent skills in planning for a portfolio of engagements, cross-group collaboration, resource orchestration, communications, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail required.
- Collaboration and Communication - Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with verbal and written communication. Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences and various levels of management (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist).
- Technical - Experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, and migrations preferred. Knowledge of market trends and competitive insights preferred. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred.
- Travel required: 0-30%.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 3+ years relevant work experience within customer industry.
- Microsoft or competitor equivalent certification in relevant technologies (e.g., Azure, 365).
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification or equivalent service management certification.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent Project Management certification.
- Prosci or equivalent certification.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM), you are the primary customer facing role responsible for customer success through the management of program deliveries and strong customer relationships. The prevailing business priority is the customers’ successful adoption and productive use of Microsoft cloud technologies. You are front and center with our customers supporting their digital journey and empowering them to achieve more!
Key accountabilities include:
Customer Relationship Management
- Expands and ensures customer and partner relationships beyond the current support contract owners with a focus on the leading definition of business outcomes and how to align consumption strategy to customer priorities.
- Gathers information on the business and Information Technology objectives for customer organizations, identifies customer needs, and creates a shared plan to supports outcomes that are specific to the customer and common to the industry using partnerships with other account team leaders.
- Captures and anticipates new customer needs and outcomes identified during the delivery of support programs, success engagements, and other projects.
- Ensures the customer is current on technology and ready to move to cloud, enabling cloud adoption and optimizing cloud solutions to manage change and continue to grow in the cloud across all solution areas.
- Drives conversations with customers that present the strategic alignment between the customer objectives and support contract to set a long-term strategy for consumption aligned to those priorities.
- Develops a program, identifies executive sponsors for a contract, and prioritizes engagements to address strategic outcomes and drive customer success.
- Plans a portfolio of work (e.g., Support programs, implementation projects, success engagements) to drive outcomes aligned with customer's prioritized solutions and workloads.
- Creates opportunities for support contract renewals, partners with sellers lead to upsell by aligning to local growth goals across solution areas.
Consumption and Delivery Execution
- Takes ownership for team coordination and connects identified opportunities, questions, and/or issues from customer organizations.
- Leads complex internal Microsoft technical/sales teams or partners to address, using a breadth of technical knowledge to identify a broad set of internal teams and ensure progress across solution areas.
- Leads for the direction of solution deliveries and secures resources to deliver on customer obligations.
- Accelerates production level consumption through delivery orchestration by driving solution and operational health for prominent and/or complex customer organizations across the solution and support lifecycle.
- Leverages intermediate technical expertise to act as a technology advisor and visionary; connects business to technology.
- Contributes to forecasts of resource needs and timing to help removes obstacles.
- Leverages experience as a practitioner of technology across one cloud area from design through operations and within another cloud workload/area to lead program governance and execution oversight.
- Leverages experience leading large, multi-stream technology projects from design to production to help anticipate changes that could affect key projects.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.