Business Operations Associate
Microsoft Business Process Outsource (BPO) Operations is responsible for the execution of contracting, performance management, and delivering business services in support of a wide range of business units within Microsoft. Our Mission is to be trusted advisors who anticipate and operationally execute our services and create value to both Microsoft and our Customers.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works, and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, recognizes, and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Want to use your language skills to help make better Microsoft products?
The transcription specialist is a key component in building the next generations of speech recognition by producing high quality transcriptions which train and improve Microsoft products and services. The transcription specialist will use native language skills and cultural knowledge to capture linguistic nuances with high fidelity. In this role you will be the foundation of the Microsoft teams responsible for driving machine learning and high AI technology, such as, AI assistance for people’s daily life, meeting captioning, and more. Join our team and use your background and expertise to continue delivering value to Microsoft.
The transcription specialist’s responsibilities include:
- Using in house tools to transcribe and annotate data for various projects. A few examples may be providing transcription (text) for audio clips or annotating text or images to verify certain types of data.
- Going through content (online and offline), extract information, provide needed information through tools with high accuracy and consistency.
- Performing quality evaluation of transcription and annotation results produced by different sources.
- Collaborate with team members on day-to-day problem solving and projects assigned by managers.
- Transcription specialists will come across offensive, sensitive, or objectionable material and may be required to work with this type of content to help train our AI models for the protection of Microsoft’s customers.
- High School degree/GED or equivalent work experience
- Native speaker of Italian & lived in Italy within the last five years or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Italian spelling, vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation, accents, intent
- Fluent in English – both written and spoken
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- In depth knowledge of required language pitch, tones, rhythm, intent, etc.
- Proficient in multiple languages
- Ability to have fun at work while bringing your authentic self
- Linguistics or computational linguistic background
- Experience in language technology including speech
- Great attention to detail
- Good computer skills
- Quick learner
- Relevant certifications
These jobs require individuals to work at the office location. However, due to the global pandemic jobs may temporarily be located from home until the decision is made to open local offices and employees may safely return to work.