Business Intelligence Summer Internship 2022 – Remote
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This posting is limited to students currently enrolled at Tuskegee University. If you are currently enrolled at another accredited college, please apply to our primary job opening:https://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8374884-business-intelligence-summer-internship-2022-remote?hl=589484
This 10 week internship position, which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of the internship experience
The Corporate Security Threat Assessment Group’s (CTAG) mission is to protect Verizon personnel, customers, and its equities with preemptive threat detection and response approach powered by data, intelligence, business acumen, and technology. CTAG protects Verizon’s personnel, global operations, assets, stakeholders, and intellectual property from security threats by proactively leveraging threat intelligence, advanced security processes, and technologies to reduce the number of incidents that affect Verizon and maintaining constant vigilance, monitoring, and response to rapidly minimize the impact of incidents that do occur.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Working with team members and partners to perform analysis on anomalous behavior and patterns in application data, customer activity, external intelligence, and other behavioral data sets to identify and explore trends that may impact the business.
- Assisting with both strategic projects and day to day operational activities to support the overall program.
- Collaborating with your team, mentors, and managers to develop analytical and workplace skills.
- Exploring technical approaches to threat detection and deriving insights with the opportunity to utilize Python/R, SQL, Splunk, Data Visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik), or other relevant technologies.
- Performing business process reviews to identify security gaps and vulnerabilities and proactively provide recommendations for mitigation or process improvement.
- Applying threat detection techniques to identify real-world issues.
- Working on projects that deal with development of security use cases, security reviews and assessments, and execution of strategic Planning, Process Gap Identification, Process Improvement.
- Managing projects and providing smart solutions in presentations to leadership.
- Supporting efforts and programs to improve the company’s security posture.
- Gaining knowledge of daily business operations by attending learning programs and training sessions.
- Communicating technical information to various technical and non-technical audiences.
- Participating in networking activities with other interns, professionals and business leaders.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree program in: Information Systems, Information Security, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, Behavioral Science, Business IT, or related majors with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2023.
- This position is limited to students currently enrolled at Tuskegee University.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to work remotely.
Even better if you have:
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently in a remote environment.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity concepts and principles related to people, processes, and technology.
- Experience with programming languages: C, C++, C#, Java, Python, HTML, Net, R.
- Experience with emerging technologies: Cloud systems such as :AWS and GCP, Big Data, Machine Learning, Splunk and logging technology, Virtualization
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).