Associate Quality Manager (With GIS Experience)
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
The Associate Quality Manager will be designated as Associate PM who assures successful and on time project realization according to all key customer requirements (contents, format, quality, timing and budget).
The Quality manager will manage different types of projects depending on the MPU needs:
- Incident Management: Prioritize and coordinate work activities to solve quality issues; Interpret internal/external business challenges and recommend best quality management practices, Lead others to solve complex problems
- Collaboration: Collaborate with Specifications, Global & Local Project and Product Managers, Product Creation teams, and Engineering Teams to determine fix plans
- Improvement Project Quality: define efficiency improvements for Quality related processes
What you’ll need:
- More than 6+ years’ work experience in managing large or complex projects, or multiple projects in a matrix organization
- Requires specialized knowledge of quality management processes, tools and techniques
- Collaborate with Specifications, Global Quality and Product Managers, Product Creation teams, and Engineering Teams
- College or university degree preferably in business or business-related field (engineering, IT or geographical) or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Maps technical and business processes and associated tools, software and specifications
- Excellent written & Spoken English
- Knowledge of project management techniques like PMI or Agile
- Excellent problem solving and analytical, planning, facilitation, administrative, and critical thinking skills. L1-L3 gradually increasing level of complexity.
- Ability to exchange technical and statistical information using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- This job requires effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to be sensitive, adaptable, professional, and articulate when dealing with others (multicultural).
- Advanced knowledge of various computer applications including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to develop thorough understanding of TT's core databases, data interdependencies, technical and business processes.
- Solid decision-making skills; ability to work independently as well as contribute to the departmental team.
- Ability to utilize the Map database analysis, manipulation, and automation tools (FME, pgadmin, QGIS, ArcMap) gained from previous TomTom experience
- Be quality and productivity oriented to keep Addressing products, data, processes and tools at their best level of performance
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions
- Have the ability to implement lessons learned (preventative measures)
Meet your team:
Your team is Maps. Part of TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit, the Maps product unit is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining this product unit, you can help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – it’s how we make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple because life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
Ready to move the world forward?
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.