Lead Tax Advisor (Direct Tax)2 months ago - Sydney - 58 views
Lead Tax Advisor (Direct Tax)
Req ID 95229BR Job category Tax Countries (State/Region) Victoria Location Australia - Victoria - Melbourne Apply now
We have a unique 12-month opportunity to join our tax team as a senior member advising our downstream businesses. This role supports our Downstream businesses across Australia and New Zealand with optimising the group’s tax position and risk.
BP is dynamic and growing, presenting you with a diversity of work and an opportunity to stretch your capability and allowing you to apply your skills in a deep and rewarding environment. This role predominantly advising on income taxes, but also dealing with cross boarder transfer pricing, M&A activity, Shipping, Permanent establishments and capital gains tax. This role is critical in providing guidance to the business in accordance with BP’s approach to tax ensuring compliance with legislation.
This position reports to the Head of Tax for Australia & New Zealand.
- Strategic partner to the business
- Contribute to the identification, design and implementation of prioritized tax planning opportunities for the business
- Responsible for protecting value in respect of tax risks through the operation of appropriate policies, procedures and frameworks
- Maintain key relationships with stakeholders in the business so that tax plans are developed in partnership
- Lead, develop and engage project teams where appropriate in line with leadership expectations
- Generate talent and professional capability through the coaching and development of team members on the tax technical and commercial understanding of the business
- Share experience by providing coaching, and support to the wider tax team
Essential experience and job requirements
You’ll be a Direct Tax professional acting as a senior member within your current organisation. You’ll hold a tertiary degree, most likely in a Commerce or Law related discipline who may also be CPA or CA qualified. As an agile, driven and engaging professional you’ll have experience working with large corporates and within complex environments driving outcomes through communication.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
Corporate & Functions