Lead Software Engineer – Consumer Services (Open to remote work, except the following locations: CO, SD, VT, and WV)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Digital world, join Nike’s Global Technology Consumers & Marketplace Organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver the next generation of applications for the Consumer Services team. Working with our organization will be exciting and most definitely not be just another job.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
As a Lead Software Engineer on our Consumer Services Technology Engineering team, you will craft the technical vision, design, and build robust global web applications. We have broad experience of successfully delivering value and our contributions will help Nike realize efficiencies and build profitable consumer experiences. We're looking for someone who is passionate about developing global web-scale applications in the cloud!
- Own the design and development of a technical solution that meets the needs of the business and aligns with architectural and quality standards
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to your teammates and develop a team environment that promotes collaboration and innovation
- Advocate technical direction, define standard methodologies, inform team principles, and evaluate decisions and their impact on the architecture
- Write clean, maintainable code that is scalable, reliable, and observable to the team’s business deliverables
- Work in full DevOps model leading the entire tech stack including implementing, deploying, monitoring, and operating services at scale
- Ensure software is of the highest quality that meets all deliverables within the constraints of demanding schedules
- Resolve technical issues and remove blockers for the team
- Actively provide code review and feedback for other developers
- Encourage innovation by learning new technologies and creating prototypes to share new technical approaches with the team
- Partner with the Product Owners to drive clarity on requirements, define technical options, provide estimates of effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Great product sense and communicate effectively both verbally and written in a variety of settings and tailor communications to the target audience
- Influence others through optimism, self-assurance, and fact-based recommendation
WHAT YOU WILL BRING?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or similar subject area. Or relevant combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience leading a 5-8 person full-stack development team
- 5-7 years’ web applications design and hands-on development using React, React Hooks, NextJS, and Node.js
- Experience in leading designing and implementing highly scalable web applications
- Possess a proven technical background and deep knowledge of software engineering principles, exceptional problem solving, design, programming, and testing skills
- Proven experience designing and developing on the AWS cloud infrastructure is a must. AWS components: CloudFormation, CloudFront, EC2, ECS, DynamoDB, S3, Lambdas and API Gateway
- Familiarity with security technology and concepts (Authentication, Authorization, Single sign-on, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD across multiple platforms, such as GitHub action, Jenkins, Slack, Jira
- Test automation framework experience across multiple platforms, such as Jest, React Testing Library, TestCafe
- Observability experience building monitoring dashboards in tools like SignalFx, New Relics, and Splunk
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related Engineering field or any combination of relevant equivalent experience, education, and training
- A track record of solving problems and getting things done in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and customer-focused environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively connect with both business and technical teams
Open to remote work, except cannot work in Colorado, South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.