Product Manager 2
Do you want to define and drive the vision, strategy and investments for the ML platform that is used to power the AI that runs Microsoft and millions of our customers? The AI Platform team at Microsoft is looking for a Product Manager for the Azure Machine Learning service, Microsoft's solution for machine learning and AI professionals working together to build and deploy custom ML models and manage them in production.
Our team builds the machine learning product and platform that powers the most demanding workloads at Microsoft like Office, Bing, and Cognitive Services as well as accelerating the digital transformation of customers on Azure using state of the art deep learning scenarios like computer vision and natural language processing as well as traditional machine learning scenarios like forecasting and classification at scale.
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 2+ years experience in product/service/project/program management or software development OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience designing and shipping complex products for developers, ML professionals, or similar
- 1+ years of experience with distributed platform ecosystem (multi-tenant / real-time processing, batch computing etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree AND 4+ years experience in product/service/project/program management or software development OR equivalent experience.
- Experience creating solutions using Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
- Experience writing Python, particularly for machine learning
- Experience with ML platforms
- Effective at driving complex multi-stakeholder processes and cross-team programs
- Ability to build effective relationships, influence and collaborate at all organizational levels
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for a global audience
- Strong business acumen, analytical and detail oriented
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check – This position requires passing the Microsoft Cloud background for all new hires/transfers and every two years thereafter.
We're looking for an experienced product manager who can help define and deliver a platform that enables ML Professionals to operationalize ML models at scale. Someone who has demonstrated strong customer obsession, and the ability to create clarity in highly ambiguous situations. Someone who can challenge assumptions and create consensus for a product path to help us become the best ML platform in the world. Someone who can represent the public face of ML at Microsoft across the industry.