When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we are on a multi-year journey to industrialize our data practices and AI capabilities. Very simply, this means that AI and data will fuel all decisions and business processes across the company. At 130B+ dollars in annual revenue, this is a pioneering opportunity to build the data products and talent at a top global telco organization.
AI&D's Data Engineering team is looking for an ETL Administrator. This position will be responsible to developing enablement strategies for effective build and management of Informaticaand Talend platform(s). Monitors performance and quality control plan to identify performance bottlenecks. Works on problems of moderate and varied complexity where analysis of data may require adaptation of standardized practices. Works with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Installing and administering Informatica Power Center, Data Quality and Talend platforms.
- Responds to user requests for assistance. Troubleshoots and resolves system issues.
- Monitors and maintains application services to run at optimal performance level.
- Manage end-to-end Platform & Infrastructure requests with minimal direction from Functional Managers; can execute requests with strong attention to detail and strong time-management skills. Partner with the infrastructure team to troubleshoot and resolve network related issues.
- Implement and maintain a systems business impact assessment to prioritize system recovery in the event of a failure.
- Communicate server/system issues, resolution plans, and recommend preventive action to leadership/business team.
- Communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Work with third party vendors and consultants on system upgrades, updates/changes through the problem resolution.
- Serves as the primary technical point of contact on Informatica server engagements of moderate to high complexity including service tickets requiring expert analysis.
- Maintains and updates existing Informatica environments, tests client applications to determine compatibility with upgrades, and works with clients to resolve any issues.
- Follow SOPs and administration guidelines for server upgrades, backups, patching, performance tuning, and security and administration of the applications.
- Participates in capacity planning to ensure Informatica and Talend environments are adequately sized and configured to meet current and projected demand.
- Participates in performance testing to ensure Informatica and Talend Servers meets client application SLA's.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Informatica and Talend Administration.
- Experience working with UNIX shell scripting.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience in Design and build of the infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from a variety of sources.
- Experience in Building data and analytics tools that will offer deeper insight into the pipeline, allowing for critical discoveries surrounding key performance indicators and customer activity.
- Must be agile for greater efficiency across all of our company data systems.
- Experience Initiating and participating in projects in the area of prediction, optimization, and processes using advanced statistical/mathematical approaches, in the enterprise environment.
- Experience in identifying valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Experience in Undertaking and preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Experience in analyzing large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Experience working with Teradata Utilities MLOAD/TPUMP/BTEQ/FAST EXPORT.
- Experience working with Informatica PowerCenter, IDQ and UNIX.
- Experience working with various databases like Oracle, Teradata, Google BigQuery.
- Experience working with Security and compliance teams and ensure all systems are compliant and adhere to security standards.
- Experience working with Google BigQuery.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).