Business Intelligence Consultant
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will act as a business enablement catalyst across multifunctional teams and be responsible for building innovative solutions by performing comprehensive data analysis using cutting-edge data science and machine learning techniques.
- Perform thorough data analysis, uncover opportunities, and address business problems.
- Engage with business teams to discuss opportunities where digital finance tools can be leveraged.
- Analyze and build data science solutions that drive product effectiveness, personalization, and operational efficiencies across projects in Finance.
- Summarize, group, and visualize data sets and information for management and executive review utilizing Digital tools.
Where you’ll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience building E2E scalable mid to large size business intelligence (BI) solutions (data sets, queries, reports, dashboards, analyses – or components of larger solutions to answer business questions with data).
- Experience in developing best-in-classVisualization and self-serve analytical tools including Qlik, thoughtspot, Plotly (Dash) that adhere to industry design standards.
- Experience in application of Inferential Statistical Techniques including Hypothesis (Chi-square, Z-Test, ANOVA) and Regression (Linear, Logistic, Ordinal) analysis to deliver robust and meaningful business insights to Business.
- Experience handling large volumes of data across multiple platforms including traditional (Teradata, Oracle) and Cloud-Based (Google Cloud, AWS) for scalable and efficient BI solutions.
- Experience in programming in SQL and one of R/Python.
- Experience with design and implementation of ETL framework for complex data platforms using at least two of Talend, Informatica, Knime, Alteryx.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Collaboration experience with team members to understand reporting requirements and create datasets Develop R/Python automation scripts for Thoughtspot/ Qlik dashboards.
- Educational Background in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, or other Quantitative Fields.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).