Feedstocks Business Analyst1 month ago - Brussels - 51 views
Feedstocks Business Analyst
Req ID 95020BR Job category Business Support Location Belgium - East - Geel, United Kingdom - South East - Sunbury Apply now
The role will have 2 main areas:
- Provide support and analysis to the feedstocks operations and business development manager.
- Provide analytical support to the marketing team/business manager to allow deeper understanding of the European PTA & polyester industry.
- Required to work closely with all areas of the current organization; sales and marketing, performance and control, manufacturing, logistics and business development to present and relay credible, concise and informative data to the European Aromatics management team
- Perform a key role within the overall Commercial Europe Aromatics Team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of Management information related to various analyses.
- Provide analytical support for sales and marketing team as required.
- Be the link with IST on Risk manage tools including fixed pricing and hedging
- Maintain feedstock pricing data bases
- Support development of commercial agreements in Europe designed to improve the PX and xylenes security of supply and the long term performance of the BU. These projects could include: commercial agreements, hedging, alliances, technical partnerships, capital investment options.
- Analyse, help develop, and recommend projects in Europe to increase security of supply and long-term value of the business
- Develop and maintain a view on Europe supply and demand in PX and xylenes as well as a view of BP demand and sourcing options for PX and xylenes.
- Act as the centre of expertise on PET and PTA imports in Europe, producing monthly/quarterly reports to inform the wider commercial team
- Support the Feedstocks operations and bus. dev. Manager to evaluate competitor /supplier position and possible sourcing strategy development and associated contracts
- Contribute to developing the strategic direction of commercial activities in PX and xylenes
- Key member of PTA Fixed pricing team. Responsible for the underlying model which will deliver the fixed price
- Administrator role in GO team. Support the GO team lead with performance tracking, participating in GO calls and coordinating the action points and other GO tools.
- Central role in Plan/GFO process for commercial team. Responsible for the data gathering and development of the input spreadsheets to Finance.
- Work in compliance with ISO/OMS
Bachelors or master degree or equal by experience.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Excellent in analytics
- Fluent in English
- Advanced knowledge of excel
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Financial knowledge (project economics) is a plus
- Refinery knowledge is an advantage
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
Petrochemicals is a global business, with manufacturing facilities in 10 countries, a production capacity of approximately 15 million tonnes and around 1,700 employees. Our products are applied in many different ways, such as polyester fiber, food packaging and building materials.
We manufacture and market across the following main product lines: purified terephthalic acid (PTA), paraxylene (PX), acetic acid and methanol, as well as olefins and derivatives through our refinery assets in Germany.
Our products are produced using our industry-leading proprietary technologies, which in some cases we monetise through licensing to third parties. We focus on deploying that technology to create competitive advantage.
We also produce speciality products such as metaxylene and are partnering in a new venture that uses our acetic anhydride to treat wood chips to produce high performance medium-density fibreboard. We are playing a part in the transition to a lower carbon future, launching PTAirTM, which supports a lower carbon footprint than average PTA production.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at [email protected] or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.