Software Engineer 2 - Remote
This is a remote opportunity.
Are you ready to revolutionize how teams collaborate and work together? Microsoft 365 Modern Workplace Transformation (MWT) team has a vision to establish a trusted platform that enables productive and healthy enterprises in a world of digital and remote everything, constantly changing work patterns and norms, and the need for organizational resiliency. We aim to solve our customers’ end-to-end business problems by enhancing Microsoft 365 tools like Teams to address specific business processes, measure the impact on core business outcomes and KPIs, and help organizations improve individual and team productivity and wellbeing.
We are the team which is focused on bringing in the next set of users by adding necessary functionality to M365. Among the industries/segments we are targeting: Firstline Workers (1B+ worldwide), Regulated Industries (Health Care, Finance, Government), Unregulated Industries (Retail, Manufacturing and more). A lot of the functionality we build will likely be surfaced in Teams (using methods of extensibility) and if not help drive additional capabilities in that layer.
Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds and grounded in our customer needs. Our team has a strong sense of accountability and provides its members many opportunities for learning and career growth. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is looking to spread wider and broaden their skills or go deeper in their area of interest.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer or software developer
- Experience coding and debugging in languages such as C#, C++, Java, Python or similar modern development languages
- Back end (strong plus): Experience in developing and maintaining microservices using C#/Azure or equivalent technologies
- Experience in debugging and profiling production distributed systems is a plus.
- Demonstrated history of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated history of good decision-making, conflict resolution, and follow through
- Strong written & oral communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Build and operate highly-scalable, fault-tolerant, elastic and secure services in Azure cloud
- Implement and deliver complex projects, interfacing with product, design, and a dozen dependencies
- Contribute to team-wide infrastructure investments to influence the future roadmap and improve our current offerings