Designer II – Store1 week ago - Shanghai - 1 view
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.Description
As our Designer II, working under the direction of a Design Director or Global Creative Director, you'll collaborate in the concepting and development of innovative, original retail environments which reflect Nike’s voice in the marketplace.
You'll use your advanced design skills to create original solutions for retail environments and programs that reflect Nike's design ethos and enhance the consumer retail experience.
You'll work within team projects and work independently to complete the most technically challenging individual projects.
You'll share knowledge, experience and skill with other design staff; work with design counterparts to ensure continuity across Nike Direct, Brand and category lines/areas of focus.
You may lead projects, establish direction and advance projects by others on a per project basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Environmental Design and minimum of 8 years progressively technically sophisticated experience in design
- Proven exceptional ability to apply and perform design skills, including drawing/sketching, architectural/spatial design, ideation, use of materials, scale, visual presentation development and layout
- Demonstrated ability to apply these skills in innovative ways that elevate brand excellence
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general, and the athletic industry specifically
- Knowledge of store environments and their consumer impact
- Awareness of fine art, interior design and graphic arts culture and industry
- Ability to source, screen and manage contractors/external vendors including design
and production studios
- A proactive, flexible and resourceful mindset is required for this dynamic environment
- Experience in Retail Visual Merchandising, Visual Display, Signage Programs for store, retail and/or tradeshow platforms
- Travel 20%
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 11794