Viva Glint Software Engineer II – UI (Mountain View or Remote)
Microsoft is embarking on a new effort to address the growing needs of employees around the world. We are building the Microsoft Viva product suite to address the fundamental shift in how people work, build their career, and find meaning in their workplace. Glint has joined Microsoft to become a core pillar in the Microsoft Viva suite. As a part of Viva, we have a unique opportunity to bring purpose, happiness, and productivity to hundreds of millions around the globe.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer to build scalable and performant web applications using engineering best practices. You will work closely with other engineers, managers, product, design, and operations teams to create new solutions and improve existing products and features. You will help drive engineering and operational excellence across Viva Pulse and Viva Glint. You will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions, and evangelize best practices. You will also support, mentor, and help other engineers in the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience developing features and experiences for large-scale, customer-facing applications across both mobile and desktop.
- A strong working knowledge of REST APIs.
- Experience building accessible applications that follow WCAG and ADA specifications.
- Strong cross-discipline and cross-team collaboration skills.
- Experience analyzing and improving service efficiency and reliability.
- Experience with agile development process.
- Growth mindset to learn, seek diverse viewpoints, and stay current with industry trends and techniques.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Plan and implement beautiful, crisp, and maintainable user-facing experiences that are accessible to everyone.
- Build reusable code and libraries that will be used across Microsoft’s ecosystem.
- Partner and work collaboratively with people across Product, Design, and Engineering teams spanning across geographies to deliver complex, large-scale experiences.
- Improve and maintain current features and look for opportunities to further leverage the Microsoft ecosystem.
- Optimize code for best performance and accessibility.
- Propose and implement robust, scalable, performant, and maintainable solutions that are tested, reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Be a role model for an open, honest, and inclusive approach to problem solving.
- Mentor and develop engineers across all levels through sharing and learning.
- Help shape the experience for hundreds of millions of managers and employees in a newly emerging category – Employee Experience Platforms.