Viva Glint Software Engineer II – Applications (Mountain View or Remote)
Microsoft is embarking on a new effort to address the growing needs of employees around the world. We are building the Microsoft Viva product suite to address the fundamental shift in how people work, build their career, and find meaning in their workplace. Glint has joined Microsoft to become a core pillar in the Microsoft Viva suite. As part of Viva, we have once in a lifetime opportunity to build a massive business from ground up and bring purpose, happiness, and productivity to millions.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience building customer-facing web and/or mobile applications
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Experience building large high-scale micro services, with service-oriented development and cloud-basedsystems
- Experience building web services using ASP.NET, Java (or similar technologies), covering all stages of the release cycle
- Strong technical, cross group collaboration and communication skills
- Self-starter, quick learner and passionate problem resolver
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- You are truly passionate about software engineering, with a strong emphasis on agile development grounded in data driven customer innovation and you can empathize with our end-users’ needs and want to engage to help define their key experiences.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer to build scalable and performant applications using engineering best practices. You will closely work with other engineers, managers, product, design and operations teams to create solutions that meet business requirements. You will drive engineering and operational excellence across Viva Pulse and Viva Glint. You will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions and evangelize best practices.