The Product Compliance teams ensure that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements.
You will have an important part in ensuring Amazon customers are safe and informed by coordinating and taking ownership of product safety recalls, which are fundamental to ensure all products from the website and our fulfilment centres are removed if required.
A day in the life
You interact with vendors whilst coordinating aspects of product transactions that are impacted by regulations (distribution, shipping, sale, and import/export).
This involves analyzing product documentation and flagging hazardous risks. There will be opportunities to train and mentor colleagues and for you to have an impact on improving processes.
You will be responsible for coordinating vendor relationships and engaging in regular discussions.
About the hiring group
The Compliance Operations team collaborate with different teams to ensure we obsess over the safety of our customers and mitigate risks with the products that are being sold. Creating high standards of compliance will provide our customers with the certainty to buy the products they want online
As A Virtual Product Assurance Associate, you will…
conduct your work virtually from your home location, using Amazon IT equipment and remote access while following defined regulatory processes that ensure compliance, confidentiality, and security. You will follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) at the team level and additional work instructions to assess if product is eligible for sale and meets safety and regulatory requirements. You will assess required legislative documentation from supported region(s) (e.g., Safety Data Sheets (SDS), Product Certificates, Product Manuals, etc.) You will be required to meet productivity, quality and utilization team metrics that are tracked automatically or manually and report and track issues per defined guidelines. You will also be required to maintain a record of daily work using provided team trackers.
C-Ops Product Assurance Team…
ensures 100% of products available for sale at on the Amazon marketplace meet safety and regulatory standards. We are responsible for improving Customer trust and reducing exposure to unsafe non-compliant products. We provide our service to all Amazon Geographies from our virtual locations in several countries worldwide.
Your core responsibilities…
· Review products to ensure regulatory compliance on all products that are made available for sale on Amazon from all sources
· Contact Amazon Selling Partners to communicate document submission process requirements - Review and assess documentation provided by the Selling Partners as per process guidelines
· Reinstating products should sellers update information
· Audit the Amazon website and identify the dangerous, prohibited, restricted/regulated and non-complaint products
· Identify and remove products that do not satisfy Amazon’s regulatory or safety obligations
In addition to the core responsibilities listed above, your responsibilities can include tasks such as:
· Flagging any updates received from stakeholders on process to Lead/Manager
· Participation in testing of the new tools and processes, providing feedback of their performance
· Fluent English and German language proficiency of B1 is mandatory.
· Good working knowledge of MS Office
· Good attention to detail
· Ability to analyze and identify patterns in large data sets
· Good knowledge and experience in internet navigation and research.
· 1-3 years of professional experience MS Excel proficiency
· Bachelors degree.
· Basic SQL
· Knowledge of consumer product compliance processes and regulations
· Experience in product safety and/or regulatory compliance management with government agencies