Technical Principal Program Manager
Investments in Data Governance (strategy, policy, and operations) enable Microsoft to adhere to laws and regulations and drive responsible innovation in our products and services. Strong investments in privacy, security and compliance are a key differentiator in Azure to win critical businesses in verticals such as Government, Financial services, and Health via Microsoft’s motto, “built on trust”.
In this role, you will stay up to date with the ever-evolving cloud security and privacy regulatory landscape and define frameworks for engineering to deliver products to meet security and privacy requirements. We are a passionate group and in search of a program manager who shares our growth mindset and desire to be the global leader in this space.
- 4+ years of experience in governance, privacy, audit, and/or compliance
- Experience in evaluating teams’ privacy posture.
- Proven experience translating privacy requirements and regulations into actionable engineering plans that will influence technical design and infrastructure considerations.
- Familiarity with Azure or other cloud platform and cloud services.
- Proven track record delivering across organizational boundaries in a highly matrix model; and developing and sustaining strong partnerships within and outside the organization.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and often tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership experience working and communicating at executive levels.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Conduct privacy reviews to evaluate service teams’ privacy posture.
- Translate privacy guidance and policy into operational procedures.
- Provide proactive privacy guidance to product teams related to enterprise and end user privacy and data protection.
- Collaborate with engineering and privacy teams (within and outside C+AI) to develop and execute new privacy guidance and policy.
- Educate engineering teams and help drive privacy as a mindset across engineering teams and the organization
- Communicate and iterate on plans upwards and outwards to key partners and executives across the company.
- Design and drive implementation of detections to identify and remediate security and privacy control violations.
- Periodic incident on-call duties may be required.