Senior Security Analyst (Remote)
The Microsoft Threat Experts Team is looking for security analysts! No matter how sophisticated attacker behaviors become, Microsoft 365 Defender will help enterprises detect, investigate, and respond to advanced attacks and data breaches on their networks. Our team uses deep knowledge of the attacker landscape and rich telemetry from our sensors to perform root-cause analysis and generate custom alerts, ensuring that Microsoft 365 Defender customers are well equipped to quickly respond to threats identified in their unique environments.
Ensuring that no human adversary can operate silently begins with experts harnessing the powerful optics provided by Microsoft 365 Defender, across the attacker kill-chain, coupled with world-class detections. We are looking for a leader to help us harness the power of Microsoft’s trillions of security signals to quickly identify and report the latest human adversary behaviors, drive critical context-rich alerts, build new tools and automations in support of helping customers identify threats, and drive innovations for detecting advanced attacker tradecraft.
#scmatl #scmjobs #microsoftatl
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role in the areas of Security Operations, Threat Intelligence, Cyber Incident Response, or Penetration Testing/Red Team.
- Advanced knowledge of operating system internals and security mechanisms.
- Experience analyzing attacker techniques that leverage email and cloud-service tactics.
- Skilled working with extremely large data sets, using tools and scripting languages such as: Excel, SQL, Python, Splunk, and PowerBI.
The following additional experiences are favorable, but not required:
- Knowledge of operating system internals, OS security mitigations & understanding of Security challenges in Windows, Linux, Mac, Android & iOS platforms
- Knowledge of kill-chain model, ATT&CK framework, and modern penetration testing techniques
- Excellent cross-group and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate business need for detection improvements
- Knowledge of major cloud and productivity platforms as well as identity systems and related security concerns
- Experience with curation of Threat Intelligence
- Experience with direct customer communication in a service delivery role
- Ability to use data to 'tell a story'
- Experience with reverse engineering, digital forensics (DFIR) or incident response, or machine learning models
- Experience with system administration in a large enterprise environment including Windows and Linux servers and workstations, network administration, cloud administration
- Experience with offensive security including tools such as Metasploit, exploit development, Open Source Intelligence Gathering (OSINT), and designing ways to breach enterprise networks
- Additional advanced technical degrees or cyber security certifications such as CISSP, OSCP, CEH, or GIAC certifications
The salary range for this role in the state of CO is from $138,200 to $183,933.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Explore and correlate large data sets to uncover novel attack techniques, monitor and catalog changes in activity group tradecraft, and investigate alerts for enterprise customers.
- Work directly with customers at all levels of their security organization from analyst to CISO to support investigation and response.
- Collaborate with our data science and threat research teams to develop and maintain accurate and durable endpoint and cloud-based detections.
- Build tools and automations for use in the discovery and investigation of security threats.