Senior Director, Product Manufacturing Engineering
Microsoft's hardware teams incubate advanced technologies and build deep partnerships with internal research, product planning, and marketing teams. Microsoft ships tens of millions of hardware products every year, including the Xbox, Surface devices, HoloLens, accessories, and much more. Our opportunities represent a variety of disciplines including, but not limited to, design, verification, and performance modeling, and DevOps supporting the development of custom silicon. Microsoft's hardware teams are also expanding into new technologies such as quantum computing! We are looking for the best and brightest to join us in designing for the future!
Product Manufacturing Site Director
The Microsoft Silicon team is transforming the ways people communicate, create, and collaborate through the devices and components we develop. We are a growing team of engineers on a mission to develop revolutionary designs and ship first-to-market products. Azure, XBOX, Surface and Hololens incorporate our internally developed silicon components.
Our team is creative and resourceful; we value growth and learning.
We want to amplify your abilities so you can do your best work.
Join us, and together we will turn groundbreaking hardware designs into reality!
- 20+ years of experience in Developing Integrated Circuits (pre-silicon, first silicon bring-up, new product introduction).
- 15+ years of experience in product and test engineering in a management or lead position.
- 10+ years’ experience in large scale and/or high performance (i.e., AI, CPU’s, GPUs) and/or high power SoCs/chips on advanced process nodes.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams and understands program/project management.
- Experience in system/customer requirements gathering and interfacing.
- in end2end Silicon engineering, taking products from pre-Silicon readiness to first Silicon bring-up to productization.
- Experience in power and performance optimization, defect screening, qualifying Silicon, and delivering healthy yields
- Knowledgeable in DFT and DFM techniques.
- Good understanding of bring-up/debug, characterization/manufacturing test (on ATEs); experience with modern PHYs (i.e., PAM4, HBM, PCIE Gen5, ) an asset.
- Good understanding of design flow.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- The position will have responsibility for site leadership and management for product manufacturing engineering teams.
- The position requires someone with experience in semiconductor IC development, IC manufacturing, fabrication, and test.
- The position will require breadth and depth in many areas of product manufacturing engineering : Foundry/Packaging Technology, Assembly and Test Development, Product Qualification, Manufacturing Capability Development and OSAT/Supplier interaction.
- Successful candidates should have strong project leadership skills to manage external vendors, drive cross functional teams and drive sub-project as part of larger development programs.
- The Candidate should also knowledge DFT, silicon fabrication process, IC assembly, product Q&RA, and basic transistor theory.
- The candidate would benefit from background in various product market area such as high-performance , GPUs, and ASICs.