Principal Software Engineer
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- Analyze requirements and develop an approach for solving it
- Apply agile techniques to deliver high quality software and technical excellence
- Efficient and maintainable code, whilst meeting the agreed requirements
- Implement current software development practices, processes and standards code reviews, design reviews
- Constantly change current practices, look for learner, more efficient ways - drive change
What you’ll need
- University degree (PhD is a plus) in computer science or equivalent
- Profound knowledge of the Java universe, but not in a narrow-minded way. We are problem solving company and prefer using the right tool for the job at hand, without restricting us to one language
- 10+ years of experience in complex software development
- Knowledge of automated deployment and testing techniques and tools
- Good knowledge of design patterns
- Never-ending curiosity: technologies, paradigms and clean code principles
What’s nice to have
- Pro-active, pragmatic attitude: building solutions over writing papers
- Agile thinking
- Knowledge and interests in Cloud computing (AWS/Big Data/Hadoop/Crunch/Spark/TGG/Machine Learning/API security testing/Geospatial domain
Meet your team
We’re Maps, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining our team, you’ll help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?